Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any legit mechanics that really know the 91 stealth/3000 gt vr4 tt in the Orange County California area? I'm struggling to find a good mechanic with these type of engines

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,111 Posts
Yes, Chai of C&A in Van Nuys has catered to SoCal3S for a VERY long time. He is an ex-Mitsubishi master mechanic. Depending on what you need done, there may be some wait time involved.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yes, Chai of C&A in Van Nuys has catered to SoCal3S for a VERY long time. He is an ex-Mitsubishi master mechanic. Depending on what you need done, there may be some wait time involved.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9
+1 for this. Chai is the only person i let work on my car.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,111 Posts
lol "expensive" is subjective and relative to the person, but I would say that he is very fair and accommodating to others. "You get what you pay for" applies here.

Personally, I have never brought a car there (since I operate similarly but selectively), however, many of my friends/clients are long-time supporters. Furthermore, I often run into his work for tuning and vice-versa.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know of any places in the so Cal area to order parts for my stealth tt? The mechanic I am at now is struggling finding places to order from. I know 3sx online but place would be helpful too

·
Registered
622 Posts
Chai is not expensive by any definition of the word, especially what you would pay if you want to a performance shop or something. Case and point - i got quoted $1000 of labor for a clutch install form a performance shop. Chai charged $350 for the exact same job, and i trust his work more. He also fixed some small misc other items for free since he was already in there.

You won't really find a local vendor for parts. Online sources are really the only major option. 3sx, revenge, cherry hill Mitsubishi.

·
?Mark
16,612 Posts
Chai C&A definitly, he is not expensive. Brought some of my cars there from Escondido . It was well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
372 Posts
For parts you might try Anaheim Mitsubishi, Rock Auto, Ebay, 3SX, just a few that I have used. Also Face book, people usually are parting out 3000gts all the time. After you get your car running right we can go to the San Clemente Show on a Saturday, 400 cars usually attend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts