Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if anyone has used Centerforce,if they like them or not, And what their Dual friction compares to with other brands. That's all :)

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Stay away from it. The pedal feel is nice, but it just goesn't grab very hard. Hell, it's a stock pressure plate with a gimmick disc. I'm replacing mine with an ACT as soon as possible. The DSM guys (most running more power than either of us ;) ) like them a lot. My friend has an ACT 2100 on his built 95 TSi and we both love it. Pedal feel is good, and it engages smooth, but with authority :D

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
The CF DF has worked fine for me for 3 years, 8 K miles, and maybe a dozen 1/4 mile track launches (not a lot I know). Pedal feel stiffened up since it was new. My friend Pete Palamara has used his for 4 years with numerous 1/4 track launches (mid 12s and low 13s here at 5800' ASL) without problems. I my launching is horrible and I have smoked the clutch many times by slipping it too slow - it has always come back and still works fine.

Some people have good luck with clutches (any brand) and some don't. I wish it were more clear cut which clutch is "best" for our cars.

·
3,802 Posts
Is there a CF DF clutch for N/A's?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is good timing. I'm looking at a clutch replacement for my turbo. I just put normal use on it. I don't expect to race it. Is the stock setup OK and how do the aftermarket ones compare for price?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts