Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opened or closed loop .... whats better for performance for our cars.... ive heard that open run more rich and stuff but are prone to stalling and idling funny.....

im just uneducated about which to get i guess....its between the Greddy Type 2 and the Blitz Super Sound

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
I've had both the Blitz SS and Greddy type S in my car. And the winner is: Greddy type S. With the open loop Blitz I didn't have stalling problems but after giving it lots of gas and shifting there was a slight bog...but the SS was loud and sounded awesome. With the closed loop Greddy there is no bog but it isn't as loud. The bog doesn't make the car undrivable by any means, it was just annoying to me. It's a trade off, what do you prefer?

A) Loud as hell but boggs down after shifts -> Open Loop
B) Quite but doesn't bog after shifting -> Closed Loop

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I ran an open loop for a long time (Blitz) with no problems on the stealth. No hesitation or stuttering. But if you are performance minded, go with the closed loop as you will not have the potential for that problem. If you want something that works pretty well and sounds cool, go with the Blitz or something similar.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so if they cost around the same....im its basically wheter i want it loud or quiet
how loud is LOUD...cause my friend has a greddy type s and its not loud...it hisses...although he thinks its loud

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The Blitz open loop isn't too loud because it is more of a rush of air. I mean it is definitely loud enough to hear inside the car and people next to you will hear it with their windows up.

Now I have the HKS SSBOV on the supra and it is loud :). On cold days I can't make that puppy scream. My brother has heard me coming home from more than two blocks away when I let that puppy go. It is just a short, high pitched tweet. Sounds awesome and it performs good on the supra. But the supra doesn't seem to have the problem with open loop BOVs liek the 3/s seems to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.