Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i pulled my ecu to ship off and was getting ready today to install my fuel pressure gauge rail adapter but now i realize that i cant ask the injectors to open after i unplug the pump.

how many psi does the car have at rest?

is my only option to postpone the project or will i be fine breaking open the line under pressure?

·
Registered
409 Posts
you can ask the injectors to open but that requires the ecu any way you should be fine the pressure subsides or drops after the car has been sitting a bit

·
Premium Member
6,889 Posts
If it's sat for any length of time it likely has very little pressure in it. Although it will have enough volume of fuel in the rails to run all over the place when you pull the line off. I'd just wrap a good sized rag around the joint to catch any fuel that runs out, and contain any spray from any residual pressure that may be there.

·
Registered
621 Posts
so i pulled my ecu to ship off and was getting ready today to install my fuel pressure gauge rail adapter but now i realize that i cant ask the injectors to open after i unplug the pump.

how many psi does the car have at rest?

is my only option to postpone the project or will i be fine breaking open the line under pressure?
I have never bothered to release the pressure in that way when doing injectors, fuel filter, etc. Even with the car sitting less than a few hours since it last ran i have never had fuel spray out under pressure when taking stuff apart. YMMV but just slowly release the first line with a rag wrapped around it. It's not going to come out like a fire hose since there is nothing sustaining the pressure. Some will spill no matter what, so just be prepared for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts