Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Yes I had ordered them but they were on back order for a week. Should be receiving them sometime this week hopefully at which time I'll update you.

Any word from Bell on the cores? I'm expecting I'll need to pay you soon, just wondering if things are still looking good or if there are some supplier issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
So to all of you that ordered the SMICs work 2" pipes. How hard where they to install? Was it worth the hassle, did you have to trim away anything to run them up into the engine bay?

·
Premium Member
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
The only area that you'll have to open up and trim is by the AC dryer. The one pipe and couplers there is a very tight fit. Hardest part is tightening the clamp as it's in a awkward spot.
But I did reciently have two customers that ordered the 2" SMIC's. Haven't heard anything back if they installed yet. Best really if you want aseperate opinion is to post up on FaceBook

So to all of you that ordered the SMICs work 2" pipes. How hard where they to install? Was it worth the hassle, did you have to trim away anything to run them up into the engine bay?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Did that in the 3S Racing Facebook group. Bob, would 2" pipes with 1-3/4 reducers be an option? This way it is only a bottle neck at the joints of the SMIC's not the whole piping leading to the Y-pipe

·
Premium Member
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
This is the most popular kit
Kit 1: Bell SMIC's with welded 1 3/4" piping $1060 +Shipping
Modified CXRacing Pipes $530 + Shipping
Buy both and get 10% off / $1431 + Shipping

And the pipe leading to the Y-Pipe is a full 2". Only the pipes off the SMIC's are either 1 3/4" or 2"
If you want to text or call shoot me a private message and I'll give you my cell #

Did that in the 3S Racing Facebook group. Bob, would 2" pipes with 1-3/4 reducers be an option? This way it is only a bottle neck at the joints of the SMIC's not the whole piping leading to the Y-pipe

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
The only area that you'll have to open up and trim is by the AC dryer. The one pipe and couplers there is a very tight fit. Hardest part is tightening the clamp as it's in a awkward spot.
But I did reciently have two customers that ordered the 2" SMIC's. Haven't heard anything back if they installed yet. Best really if you want aseperate opinion is to post up on FaceBook

Just installed mine today. Took me a few minutes staring at the drivers pipe but I got the clamp on easy enough imo. No way I could've done it with a tbolt but I don't use tbolt anyways. Your whole kit fit absolutely perfect. Beautiful work

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just installed mine today. Took me a few minutes staring at the drivers pipe but I got the clamp on easy enough imo. No way I could've done it with a tbolt but I don't use tbolt anyways. Your whole kit fit absolutely perfect. Beautiful work
Looks good. I assume this is the 2" version? Do you have any pictures of the tight section by the AC dryer that oohnoo was talking about?

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Looks good. I assume this is the 2" version? Do you have any pictures of the tight section by the AC dryer that oohnoo was talking about?
Yes full 2" version. I could take a pic of that spot but you won't see anything. There's a lot in that area and like he's stated it's tight

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Anyone know of a source to get the OEM bushing/isolators? Mitsubishi doesn't sell them separately and I got rid of my stock SMICs, many many moons ago.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yes full 2" version. I could take a pic of that spot but you won't see anything. There's a lot in that area and like he's stated it's tight
Did you have to cut anything up to fit your 2" pipes?

·
DR750R's
140 Posts
Interested in this kit:

This is the most popular kit
Kit 1: Bell SMIC's with welded 1 3/4" piping $1060 +Shipping

What would be the shipping cost to Florida 33033 zip code?

201 - 218 of 218 Posts