Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Well i just bought a 94 3000GT VR-4 but the weird thing is only one of the exhaust is working. And when i start the engine and rev it just a little you can here constantly a thud thud thuds under the hood area. Also the exhaust sounds liek its struggling for a reason. Please can someone help me!!!!

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I don't know about the thuds but that one sided exhast is normal. In sport mode it mostly comes out of the left...in tour it comes out of the right.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I kinda have the same problem without the thud. How do i check the active exhaust? I wondered why I had mostly all the exhaust coming out the right...but I guess thats normal. Why does it do that? (93 VR4)

·
Registered
832 Posts
if its coming out the right side, then your touring exhaust is on. The switch is to the right on the steering wheel and has a little symbol of an exhaust tip. Flip that baby and the exhaust should primarily come out the right side, with only a tiny bit coming out the left. And it does that to make you exhaust louder or quiet, whichever you choose. Personally mines on sport 24/7. Although it is kinda neat to hear the turbos spool when theres no exhaust sound.

Oh and those thuds prbly need to be checked out. Sooner than later just to be cautious.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hey :) i replied to your other post and told you how it was a great deal. How much did you end up paying for your baby? How is the interior, paint? Take some pics and welcome :D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Is the "thud, thud" coming from the exhaust???? Need some more info...but if its exhaust related...exhaust leak maybe??? I dunno. :( Sorry, need some more info.
later,

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well ill post the pics up of the car. The car is in great shape. Paint is good considering its 7 years old, and the interior is just like new especially the leather seats. Only some wrinkles on the driver side. Is there a way to make both exhaust work at the same time? When you start your guyses engine how does it sound or what kind of sounds does it make.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts