Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna hit Silver Dollar Raceway with me for my final shot at the 12s this season???

I can make it either this Friday (Nov. 2nd) or on Nov. 16th. They must be having some kind of event on the 9th...

Any takers? Which day would be the best for you if you were to come down? Let me know!

Gotta get a 12, gotta get a 12, gotta get a 12!!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I think I would like to go, but I might be in Mexico.
I would like to see what my car is capable of. Maybe I can get into the 12 second club. If I get an ARC2 and the 550s installed before then, maybe the 11 second club.

·
Registered
715 Posts
you mean the one for SALE? if you get into 11-12s, you must keep the car (or sell me some of the stuff in it ;) before it goes)

btw they moved that import gathering thing down to some place called hybrid
its on 13 in duluth i hear

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scratch the plan on hitting the 12s before the end of the year. Syncro is pretty much gone so if I keep abusing the 1 - 2 shift I will be looking at a larger and larger repair bill.

All I have to say to that is - <font size="5">CRAP!!!</font>

I guess there's always next season...

·
Wrenchmonkey #839
4,979 Posts
Don't be a whimp

If your syncros are gone what difference does it make if they are crappy or really crappy when you replace the whole tranny.

Kormex just swaps the trannys, they don't fix your tranny do they?:confused:

If my syncros were on the way out and I new my tranny needed repairs soon, I would be at the track doing 7000 RPM clutch drops in pursuit of the best 1/4 mile time I could get. If I broke the tranny then all I have to do is pay $50 to ge the car towed home.

When JeremyG's tranny started to go was when he really started to abuse it! His new tranny is notchy so he plans on forcing the warranty company to replace it too. He had some HARD launches at the last autocross.

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Don't be a whimp

John Monnin said:
If your syncros are gone what difference does it make if they are crappy or really crappy when you replace the whole tranny.

Kormex just swaps the trannys, they don't fix your tranny do they?:confused:
Kormex wants to sell me a new tranny for $2K, but they also sell the syncro for $125. So I can either crank out $2K or $125 + labor... I think I'd much rather go that route. ;)

If my syncros were on the way out and I new my tranny needed repairs soon, I would be at the track doing 7000 RPM clutch drops in pursuit of the best 1/4 mile time I could get. If I broke the tranny then all I have to do is pay $50 to ge the car towed home.

When JeremyG's tranny started to go was when he really started to abuse it! His new tranny is notchy so he plans on forcing the warranty company to replace it too. He had some HARD launches at the last autocross.
I don't want to go through a whole tranny replacement while I can still salvage what I have now. It's just not a wise economical choice, but I admire your gusto! :)

·
Wrenchmonkey #839
4,979 Posts
Ouch $2000

Ouch $2000 for a tranny, is that an out right buy w/o a core or does that include the money you get back when you send your old core.

I noticed from my rebuild that my output shaft is getting thin, I was just too broke to replace it (I figured around $800 for output shaft, mating splines and a seal set) not including syncros.

Sometime next summer I am going to have to pay for not fixing it but hopefully I will have some money then.

John Monnin

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I paid $5500 for my first tranny in '96 :( I think 2k and $125 are both very good alternatives :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
excuse my ignorance, but is there a total replacement that can handle high hp and awd burnouts?
that would be nice, but I'd hope the gear ratios are the same

anyone wanna give Getrag a call and find out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts