Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve looked fairly hard although only for a couple of weeks now and I am considering purchasing this VR4. Can anyone please advise on specific questions I should be asking about the vehicle? I really want a project vr4 and I think this may be a decent deal. I know it has a lot of miles but apparently it runs and drives. Any input is greatly appreciated thank you in advance!

·
BC3S
'95 RT/TT
767 Posts
10 grand for 340k miles? get the f outta here

find a better example.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,944 Posts
That mileage is worth about 5k, tops, if everything works and is in good condition inside. That interior is rough, and the only way I'd even consider close to that 5k is with proof of full maintenance history.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995 NA automatic w/7k original miles.
18 Posts
If you would consider a non-VR4, might I suggest this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I did look at that and while it’s a beautiful car I am set on a vr4 not necessarily because of the tt because I can always add a turbo, but the awd aspect…I wouldn’t know where to start in changing an entire drive train to awd lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
That car has an awful lot of miles…..I agree with FluffyCow, I would probably only consider that car for $5K with good records and really only if I had interest in rebuilding major components.

As a recent buyer myself, I would encourage you to have patience before pulling the trigger - especially with a high tech turbo model. Not sure what kind of price range you’re in but each week/month brings new cars to the market. Check the For Sale section here regularly and check www.autotempest.com.

I was in the market for about 6 months when I found “the one” from a member here. I nearly jumped on a few different cars earlier but am much happier that I waited.

Good things come to those that wait! Best of luck, you’ll find the right car when you see it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That car has an awful lot of miles…..I agree with FluffyCow, I would probably only consider that car for $5K with good records and really only if I had interest in rebuilding major components.

As a recent buyer myself, I would encourage you to have patience before pulling the trigger - especially with a high tech turbo model. Not sure what kind of price range you’re in but each week/month brings new cars to the market. Check the For Sale section here regularly and check www.autotempest.com.

I was in the market for about 6 months when I found “the one” from a member here. I nearly jumped on a few different cars earlier but am much happier that I waited.

Good things come to those that wait! Best of luck, you’ll find the right car when you see it.
Wow that’s such a better way to search than I was doing. That site is a huge help…pulls Craigslist and everything! Thank You! I’ll be sure to repost what I end up getting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve looked fairly hard although only for a couple of weeks now and I am considering purchasing this VR4. Can anyone please advise on specific questions I should be asking about the vehicle? I really want a project vr4 and I think this may be a decent deal. I know it has a lot of miles but apparently it runs and drives. Any input is greatly appreciated thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finally found a car.

Funny story - the back wheel fell off on the way home from the guys house. literally lug nuts all over the road…the bolts tore up the aluminum rim where the wheel was slopping around them. Fantastic way to start 🙏🙌

·
BC3S
'95 RT/TT
767 Posts
😂 welcome to the 3/S
go over all the bolts on the car now before doing anything 😂

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
😂 welcome to the 3/S
go over all the bolts on the car now before doing anything 😂
Lol I could not believe it. The guy literally did not tighten the lug nuts. I checked the other wheels and some of them I could take off with my hand….super lucky nobody was hurt!!!! But yea lol I trust nothing on this car anymore

1 - 12 of 12 Posts