Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Omni,
I saw that http://www.impac-aero.com is up with the order pages for the a-pillars. I'm debating if I should go with a 60x2 or a 60x3 pillar. I have greddy boost and front bank EGT gauges on the a-pillar now and am considering getting a 60x3 so I can have front and rear EGT's. My only concern is visability of the gauges as I'm pretty short and have to sit close to the wheel in order to get the clutch to the floor.

Do you have any profile pics of the gauge pods? I'm curious to see where the pods sit in relation to the steering wheel.

Also, did you ever find a way to texture the pods and get good results?

·
Registered
400 Posts
well if your gettin rid of your guage pod you have now, i would be interested in buying it, also you might try making sort of a reverse clutch stop, so you can sit farther back, and still push the clutch in

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
Triplets!

I have a triple full pillar, but went with 52mm instead of 60mm. Reason being is I've heard the larger gauges abstruct vision of each other. 52's work fine for me. I have a boost and 2 EGT's.

For the texture, I used a small foam roller and follwed up with a couple coats of clear (sprayed not brushed!:p ) Looks very nice.

There's some pics on the link at the bottom of my sig. PM me if you want more pics or have any questions.:)

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
red3kgtvr4,
How do the pods line up in relation to the steering wheel on the 52x3? I'm trying to think of how to word my question better... basicly I'm trying to figure out how far out in front of the steering wheel the 1st (highest) pod sits. Also, how low does the lowest pod sit?

As it is now my boost gauge is my 1st pod and it sits about an inch in front of the steering wheel. My veiw of the EGT gauge behind it is slightly obstructed. There is room to mount the EGT gauge lower on the pillar.

I'm thinking I'll go with 60x2 if the lowest pod is as low as it can go on the a-pillar and the second pod sits sits even or a lil in front of the wheel. Then I'd be able to see both gauges no prob...

If anyone has any pics of there pillars installed post em.

=)

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Red3Kgtvr4
Is it worth the price that he is selling them for cause I need one soon.....trying to figure out where to put my EGT and A/F gauge for the time being...

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
MeTrzan said:
Red3Kgtvr4
Is it worth the price that he is selling them for cause I need one soon.....trying to figure out where to put my EGT and A/F gauge for the time being...
Yeah, I think so. When I got mine, I believe they were $150 primered only, no paint. Not sure about the technique he uses to paint them though. After I painted mine, I told him how I did it - so maybe he's using the same method.

It's a very nice piece. Well built and good fit. I did, however, have to add an extra screw between two of the pods, which ever ones don't get called out for one. It didn't fit as flush as I wanted it to on the outer edge. I think it was due to all my wires plus I used silicone tubing for my boost gauge (which is on the top) instead of the thin plastic line included with the gauge. I also went to Home Depot and found some hex-head screws that were of a lower profile than the larger screws included with the pillar.

I guess it's an individual's preference as to what he wants his gauges to look like. I love the clean factory look it gives. And I've had several compliments on it's appearance.

Hope this helps.:)

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Omni,
Do all the pillars have the same gauge pod locations, with the pod being drilled out differently based on if its a 60mm or 52mm pillar?

When looking at red3kgtvr4's 1st and 2nd pic the top gauge comes to just to the end of the vents in the door. I think I'd be able to see the gauges alright in that kind of configuration. Looking at the third pic you posted of erik gross's 60x3 pillar it looks like the top pod is quite a bit higher up. Is that just the angle of the pic or are the pods spaced out differently depending on if its a 60mm or 52mm pillar?

I was also thinking that maybe erik gross's 60x3 was one of your original pillars and you slightly changed the design for future pillars...

Sorry for all the questions, I'm going to be getting a pillar... just gotta decide which one. =P

·
Getrag Rebuilder
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm... would I be able to get a 52x3 pillar and drill out the pods to fit 60mm gauges?

The true 60x3 seems like the top gauge would be to close to me to see easily...

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
omnip-1 just out of curiousity i was noticing that you had a roof scoop for the stealth/3kgt comin out and you mention it is functional I was just curious as into if its to just let air into the cabin or what your intentions were for it? Thanks : )
sean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts