Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in SLC, UT and there just aren't that many places around here to safely open up a car (except between here and Bend-over)and so without doing it myself, I am curious as to just how fast this car is that I bought!?
It is a 92 3000GT SL (non-turbo of course) and has about 62000 miles on it and runs like new. I've had it up to about 90 and that was just on the way to work the other day (and people were passing me believe it or not, some people around here drive like they are NUTS). I have a PERFECTO driving record right now and I'd like to keep it that way, so unfortunatly (almost sacreligeous, I know) I probably will NEVER open this car up all the way! The VERY FIRST question that everyone asks is...HOW FAST IS IT?...I tell them around 125 or 130.
How fast does a 92 SL really go that is running good and strong?
Thanks! Randy

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey slc3kgt, what part of salt lake do you live in? I live here too. A good place to open the thing up is on the old bingham highway, or you could also test out the handling down on the road that is on the west side of utah lake. If you haven't ever been down there, it is full of turns and hills and there is never anyone on it since it is used just for the farmers that are down there.

stonerboy
'94 VR4

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stonerboy:
Is your 94' a pearl white one and do you hang out at the 4x4 shop on 3500 south close to Redwood Road? If so, I have met you! Right before I bought my 3000! Mine is a red 1st Generation, looks brand new. It is an SL but it has the TWIN TURBO decals on the side window covers and the VR4 emblem on the back.
I live in South Jordan. I THINK I know where most VR4's in the valley live, but maybe not!
Do you ever go to any car gatherings like in the summer?
Randy

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
You could probably squeeze out 150 on a good day with the wind behind you. I got my 93 R/T up to 147 and felt like it would go faster, but it was only a two lane highway and I saw cars in both lanes coming up, so I had to slow down.

Jason
92 Stealth R/T TT

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey slc3kgt, I live in West Jordan, but my car is a Pearl Blue VR4 with all the stickers and mitsu emblems removed. I haven't ever really taken it racing yet. I always went to the auto crosses out at the e-center and I have been meaning to go to the import drag races they have every Friday night but I just have never brought myself to do it.

Stonerboy

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StonerBoy:
Does your blue SL have a tan leather interior and a bra? And did you just buy it? I looked at a 94 SL with Tan leather and a bra without any emblems over on 3200 west and 4100 South...he wanted 11,000 for it, I ALMOST bought it! If thats it...thats a SWEET ride!
THe guy that was selling it had a newer TA and couldn't keep both!
Check in later on, lets meet up somewhere!
Randy

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOps! I just read that yours is a VR4...SWEET! THe one I looked at was an SL!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had mine up to 140 in 4th gear on a 2 lane road. Figured that was plenty fast for me. Could have gotten more but Didn't want to push it. It wasn't the flattest road I had ever been on..

Jeremiah

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey SLC, lets do get together sometime and anyone else from SLC (if there is anyone else??????) This state is just too dominated by SUV's and mini vans.

stonerboy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts