Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Ok. I'll try again. Any one with after market seats? (No wooden lounge chairs please

349 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Amahoser 
#1 ·
Ahroun i'm looking in your direction!!!

G
#2 ·
Can't get your posts answered or replied to either, huh? Oh well. I would like to put some aftermarket seats in my car as well, but don't really know where to look. Please post any good info you find. Happy New Year!

G
#5 ·
You guys need to check out one of the Detroit 3si members Stealth. Joe G. has an awesome set of Recaro racing seats up front. I sat in his car and am now planning on buying a set, not only are they good looking but they are very comfortable. I think we have the pictures on our website. <www.detroit3si.8m.com/>

#8 ·
I.. yet .... don't have aftermarket seats in my car... that'll change though :) . Ok what kinda seats do you want? If you want race type seats, Momo Corse are excellent... quite expensive though. In my race car, I have a Cobra Imola... they are carbon kelvar and they are much cheaper. They fit like a glove and you can get them in different width's. I believe that the Momo's are the same. Sparco makes a line of Race seats that you should look at too. Race seats have cutouts for a 5 point harness. The problem with race seats? They do NOT recline. They are not the most comfortable for long distance cruising. Their padding is often very little. But they do fit like a glove and they WILL hold you in at high G's.
Cobra, Corbeau (not my favorite), Sparco, Recaro, et al have a "sporty" line. These seats offer good side bolstering to hold you in a turn. They DO recline. Some even have shoulder harness cutouts but they usually do not have the cutout for the sternum strap. They are a good compromise between street use and full all-out racing use.

I bought my Cobra seat at Sube Sports. Their website is www.subesports.com Their prices are good and the service is good too.

Check it out!

Jose Soriano
Amahoser@Linkline.com
www.linkline.com/personal/amahoser

[This message has been edited by Amahoser (edited January 01, 2000).]

#9 ·
Thanks for the links. Amahoser i am definately looking for reclining seats. I am still arguing with myself on taking the back seats out so the front will recline farther. So "racing" non-reclining style seats are out. I also wanted something with tons on lumbar support. recomendations?

G
#10 ·
<font color=#400080>Hey Coyoté, get a new WS6. I have 6-way positioning seats with lumbar support and the side-squeezin' action to keep you locked in place for those high speed corner maneuvers. AND they're leather. Aarr'r'r'rRRrr'r'r... Laurie will like that.

#11 ·
Seats fit differently for different people. Even the same model seat usually comes in different widths. I would suggest going to a good race shop and have a seat in them. Most good aftermarket "sport" seats have good lumbar support. Our cars come with electric lumbar support. The better ones (imho) are the 3 chamber infatable lumbar support. That way you can release air in the three chambers to comform to the way you want it. Recaro, Sparco, and most of the better ones have this feature... some are optional so if you don't see it on the chair, just ask. I don't know what area you are in but in So. Cal, Werks II in Glendale and Sube' Sports in Huntington Beach (I think) have showrooms where you can try out the seat before you buy. I would suggest doing that. A seat's fit is important, I HATE the factory seat.... actually, I hate most factory seats. The onlt stock, factory seat that I found completely comfortable was in my Alfa Romeo GTV6... probably the best stock seat made! For me anyways.... also, stock Supra seats out of my '82 was pretty good too... not as good as the GTV6 but better than most. I will be buying a seat (soon as I have extra $$) for the Stealth. Don't know if I'll go full competition or sport seat yet....

Jose Soriano
Amahoser@Linkline.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.