Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
To me it sounds like trans, but it's hard to tell without some throttle manipulation to see how the sound changes...
Yeah, basically this. See what i suggested in my post above. The sound didnt seem completely RPM dependent and sounded more like a rattle than a knock. Also, have you checked the trans oil? (and other drivetrain components for that matter)

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
If you think there is any chance that it is a knock and not lifter tick you really need to send a sample to Blackstone. I think they suggest you take a sample from the oil mid stream when you are draining it from the oil pan. This will either confirm or rule out the knock and you can move on from there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you think there is any chance that it is a knock and not lifter tick you really need to send a sample to Blackstone. I think they suggest you take a sample from the oil mid stream when you are draining it from the oil pan. This will either confirm or rule out the knock and you can move on from there.
I suggested same, but he said he already drained the oil but has it in a clean container. So it wouldnt really be "mid stream" like they suggest. But if using that oil i would at least vigorously shake it to make sure it is well mixed and nothing has settled before collecting the sample to send out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Guys, sorry I forgot about this thread. Fuel pump went out shortly after last post. USPS screwed up shipping and I've been working massive OT so car is still down but about to have the pump/hardwire in. Tranny fluid change will be in progress too. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts