Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I like turtles
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this indicate? I am not smoking or anything...is it just becuase the oil has 2000 miles on it? Also what kind of oil do you all recommend? Right now I am using mobil 1 10w40 sythentic with a purolator. I have no job and that oil kinda gets on my mom's nerves when i have to ask for 35 buks to get my oil done. What do you guys think about valvoline max life 10w40 with 1 qt of risolone? Will conventional hold up to the occasional racing i do every other week or so?

·
-
6,794 Posts
Well I'm not sure on a 3/S, but I've been having this problem on my old nissan. The plugs are fouling very fast and when they get bad enough one of the cylinders stops firing. With the car now running on three cylinders, all the gas that is still being pulled into that 4th cylinder has to go somewhere if its not igniting. The gas just blows past the rings during the compression stroke and goes right into the oil. I checked my oil the other day and it was really clear with little black streaks. It was very thin and overfilled.... very strange knowing that the car burns oil and it wasn't overfilled before. The fact that the nissan has almost 260K means the compression is extra low and the gas blows by even easier. So to fix it I change my oil and get new spark plugs, but after about 500 miles it happens again. :( I've used all kinds of gas and oil treatments that are supposed to help with cleaning out the engine and fuel system, help with high mileage cars, etc.

:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.