Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I could but the pan itself isn’t too structural. It’s about a 20 gauge thickness as it is which is pretty thin. I go with a 16 gauge bottom which helps but it’ll never be a jacking point. I’ve actually had one or two people ask if they could jack up their car by the pan with the extended capacity mod lol. I wouldn’t mess with it since the oil pickup screen is so close. If anything, you could build a skid plate that bolted or was welded to the crossmember. It’s already the lowest point so it would work.
Do you happen to have any 2-bolt extended oil pans for sale currently? Along with being slightly dented mine is also leaking from a pinhole near the welds on the side of the pan itself. I can temp. fix it for now but I assume down the road I am going to want something permanent.

· One fix at a time
9,758 Posts
Do you happen to have any 2-bolt extended oil pans for sale currently? Along with being slightly dented mine is also leaking from a pinhole near the welds on the side of the pan itself. I can temp. fix it for now but I assume down the road I am going to want something permanent.
I’ve got two 2-bolt cores right now I haven’t modified yet. Send me a message and I can probably get one built shortly. I’m finishing up a couple of intake manifolds and then I’ll have time.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts