Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my trip to KY from FL. On the way back to florida I noticed that the oil gauge is low so I went brought some motor oil and pure it in. After a while, oil is still running low... seems like it's dripping oil... I can hear dripping on the exhaust everytime I shut the engine off after a couple miles run. Also see smoke coming out of exhaust pipe... Engine stalls when I start... so got to rev it high and power brake in order to take off without killing the engine.

I've used about 70+ bottles to motor oil to get me 400+ miles home.. I really have no other choice. Is this a bad piston ring? Blown head gasket? Crack Head? Whatever that can happen? I'm not really good at talking mechanic.. so any idea what's going on?

Thank you.

·
Boost Leak Veteran
1,454 Posts
Turbo or Normally Aspirated (N/A)? Glad you were able to make it back safe!

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
if it was a turbo it could be leaking from the turbo. valve stem seals and oil rings are other oil related problems that seem common. i am assuming the smoke looked blueish (burning oil) and not white (water) is that correct? if you do a search you will probably get a lot more info a lot quicker than you will get from responces here. that sounds like a severe problem if it is going through that much oil though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.