Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I know there have been posts on this before. But my car is leaking oil about 2 quarts in 3500 miles. I have checked and rechecked and could not find any oil on the engine or under it. I have even had a friend follow me and when I get on the accel. I dont have any smoke from the exhaust. (according to my friend). I have noticed a noise around (on stock psi guage) 8psi. The noise kinda sounds like a low pitch howl. The noise only occurs when there is a pressure above 7 but below 10. I have checked the y pipe for oil and found a little. Not too much I am going to take the hose off of the turbo and look for puddling this week. Are my turbos gone?? Going?? I don't know any other place where the oil is going. Any thoughts. Thanks Nick
[email protected]

·
Registered
227 Posts
the owl sound is probably a leaky blow off valve, not much to worry about. The oil leak could be a lot of things, but i had the same vanishing oil problem for a while before my oil cooler lines were shot, then i knew where the oil was going (~$300 for dealer to fix)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts