Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hulk
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i read some ones thread about changing oil. i have two questions.

1.what in your opinion is the best oil to use.
2.what is the best filter.

if it helps i have a 95 mitsu base 5spd. with 41,000 on it. with light mods(intake.exhaust)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I like royal purple and mitsu filter. If you cant find either of them use a k&n filter and mobile one oil.

If your lifters sound bad use regular mobile oil. Some lifters sound like shit if your using synthetics.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Depends but I use Fram filters and Valvoline oil. Fram has the best filtration rating in the business(MUCH better than K&N and laughably better than the mitsu one) and Valvoline is just the best for standard oils. UNLESS you want to spend more money and get like Mobil 1 Synthetic or Amsoil.

·
Registered
322 Posts
ok, mobil one synthetic 10-30 is $4/quart. chevron premium 10-30 is $1/quart. In a VR4 with 125k miles, how much better is it to run mobil one and change every 3k than to run chevron dyno oil but change every 2?

also, is the fram double-guard best filter then? I'm using K&N's now.

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,151 Posts
I used the K&N,. with Penzoil Synthentic, then switched to the Fram double guard with the same oil, when it was time to change it was actually a little cleaner. with the same miles.

-Joe

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
1. Royal Purple
2. Mitsu OEM filters

I switched to Mobil 1 and it has been the worst thing I ever did to my car. I am going back to Royal Purple on next oil change, I am now convinced its one of the best. ;)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Another oil changing thread?! Do a search, this comes up every other month. I use Penzoil 10W30, might need 5W30 for winter, depending on how cold it gets. I use Puralator Pure1; it has a silicone anti-drainback valve, and IMO great filtration.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i use castrol gsx 5w30(gonna switch to 10w30 in spring). and use purolator pure 1 filter. the car feels great.. i was gonna switch from organic oil to synthetic oil but i have read alot of thread that it might mess up your engine if you switch oil type when your car has alot of miles in it. so i just stayed with organic oil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.