Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, you bastards, its not another kid!:rolleyes:

I posted yesterday in the Mini 3KGT post that I was working on a 1/20th scale 1st gen TT model.............so, I thought I'd put up a couple pics...

I wasn't very happy with the fitment of almost ALL of the parts and wouldnt recommend this kit for beginners.

What do you think of the color (Metallic Charcoal)?

It took me about a week to build.

Critique away!!!

Bob.

:)

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
Looks good Bob..

one thing though.. the front wheels are on backward :)

Nice choice in paint though.. and the engine looks great!

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
one thing though.. the front wheels are on backward
he's right bob. Model looks good though, where did you get it from? Hood has fitment issues, looks like someone did a conversion on it...

For a minute there thought you had got another spyder. grrrrr

LW

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bob, that looks like your office. Is that what you do all day at work? ;)

·
1,568 Posts
This proves to me you have always wanted to own a Stealth but were afraid to admit it!:D LOL

·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments....

Leland and Lord...the wheel issue is corrected!!!

Lord, as I mentioned initially, there were several "FITMENT" issues with this particular model.

Bacho (Josh)....dont tell me boss, he thinks I actually "work".

Def....I really DO wish I owned one. I'd trade my Jeep in a heartbeat to have one to drive in the winter;)

Bob.:)

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Nice job! I've got two unbuilt first and second gen Stealth kits that have been sitting in my closet for a couple years. I think you've motivated me to start on one.

·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dyasol said:
Nice job! I've got two unbuilt first and second gen Stealth kits that have been sitting in my closet for a couple years. I think you've motivated me to start on one.
Where in the HELL did you find a second gen model? Got pics of the box?

I'd love to try to get one....

Thanks.

Bob.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
OhioSpyderman said:

Where in the HELL did you find a second gen model? Got pics of the box?

I'd love to try to get one....

Thanks.

Bob.
I have kit # 6543, the yellow '95 TT. I found them both at a local hobby shop here in Rochester - Dan's Crafts and Things. You can usually find a couple on ebay every so often.

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
looking good bob! I just bought that exact model, Lindberg right?? I have a 300ZX that i did in that same color, pretty cool :) I'm currently working on a 1st gen VR4 in metallic red, should be done in a few more days, ill post it up. Do you have any pics of other models you did?

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Looks Good, Bob!

Since you are so bored at "work", maybe you want to start a contract assembly service for those of us with these model kits sitting around, especially if we weren't geeks as kids, sitting inside assembling little R2D2 transporter pod models...;)

AIM me your shipping address and I'll send you my model kit (sorry, it's another first gen stealth...) and your favorite bottle of spirits...

hal

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Hey bob- when the Stealth is done and ready to go again- you want me to put you first on the list?

FMIC, 14B's, 550's Supra pump, VPC, SAFC, ProfecA, 99 Fbrg Front, ceramic coated pistons, shot peened rods, new rings, bearings, seals, oil pump, water pump, belt, tensioner, pulleys, UDP, and every part JPDC makes???

You said you wanted a daily driver stealth :D

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
HA! Ryan unless you'll be giving that car away don't even let Bob near your list. He can't even pay attention without begging. Though I would love to be present for the conversation when he asks MK for permission ;).

Her look would be priceless.

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
lol... this is how pathetic i am. if i got one of those little models i'd have to go out and buy a little front mount intercooler, little 99 conversion, and little turbos for it. (hell i think 9-b's will fit in there ;))

·
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys are a riot!!!!!

Eric, the link worked fine for me a while ago....I even looked at the collection of Spyders that you have...btw, I have that AUSSIE REDBACK one:)

Ryan, how much you askin for your "winter beater";)

Mark, you'll pay for that comment (when you see MK);)

Wheelman, this kit actually included turbos, but I swapped them for my 9bs....I'll easily be in the 10's now:)

Bob.

·
Oh no, not again.
341 Posts
Lookin good Bob! I need a job where I can go to work, build models, and get paid.

Only nitpick - Your right exhaust tips are crooked.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts