Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The swing arm of my friends CBR F4 is scratched and I'm looking for answers as to the best way and materials to remove the scratches and refinish the aluminum.
Thanks for you help guys!

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Polish it with a dremel and an assortment of polishing tips. They look great. You can do the frame, too.

Now say: "polish it in every corner" 3 times fast.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea what dremel bit to use?
Thanks!!!

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Nope, do an internet search and find someone who polished their swingarm and ask them. My bike is all chrome, so all I need is some Mother's chrome polish.:D

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!! By the way, nice bike!!!

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
sand it first, use 120 grit, then 220 grit, then a wetsand, then some eagle one chrome/mag polish with a dremmel tool or bench grinder if you can get the part off the bike.. trust me you wont be happy with just polishing the metal. the scratch will still be there.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Will that give me the same texture (grain) that the metal has though?

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
i dont know. is it shiney already? give me about 10 minutes ill post a pic on my latest creation.. be right back

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
mmm shiney

heres what that above polishing does, only you need to use 3m compound with a buffer wheel to get it all nice like that.. i havent used the eagle one on this yet but i did use it on my rims and they look good.

tell me what you think. im thinking about selling these with a core exchange.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not bad at all.

So I would have to have a buffer wheel???

It's not really shiny right now, but I guess I coulde change that. . .

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
player. yeah youd need some sort of high speed spinning disk with a buffing pad on it..

the valve cover is actualy a lot brighter than in the pic.. infact it looks kinda shitty in that pic.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Think they might have something available to go on the end of a drill?

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
Player said:
Think they might have something available to go on the end of a drill?
hmm i dunno. i think that dremmel has some polishing bits. but dont quote me, i use big huge industrial stuff, with air compressed grinders and resurfacers with sandblasting capabilities. good luck. let us know how it turns out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts