Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
San Diego 93 vr4 - 1000 AWHP
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With such little options for TD05 manifolds I’m officially looking for a good condition DR t3 manifold kit. If anyone is selling one or knows of someone who is, please message me or send me a link to a listing! I don’t care how long it takes to get one, I’ll delay my build until then. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1994 3000GT VR4
1,079 Posts
Would go with IMR V band manifolds and turbos from Chris @ Rvenge if it were me.

Someone mentioned fitment issues, but unless it how the parts fit together, there will almost always be clearance issues that need to be worked out. These put the turbos in a better looking spot but not sure how they compare to the T3 manifold positioning.

May be worth checking with Evans at IMR to see what he says. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would go with IMR V band manifolds and turbos from Chris @ Rvenge if it were me.

Someone mentioned fitment issues, but unless it how the parts fit together, there will almost always be clearance issues that need to be worked out. These put the turbos in a better looking spot but not sure how they compare to the T3 manifold positioning.

May be worth checking with Evans at IMR to see what he says. Good luck.
Yea I’ve decided I’m going that route. I just need to find a place to make me a good custom intake plenum with the throttle body on the driver side. I’m going with the precision 7675 gen 2 turbo

·
One fix at a time
8,284 Posts
Yea I’ve decided I’m going that route. I just need to find a place to make me a good custom intake plenum with the throttle body on the driver side. I’m going with the precision 7675 gen 2 turbo
IMR makes one already and I don’t believe any other vendor offers a driver’s side intake manifold. I build a few driver’s side TB variations but should be able to start building one next month like Brian’s version. He isn’t currently offering to build them due to too much time invested to make them.

Are you going single turbo then? 7675 is pretty huge to run in a twin configuration. That would be super laggy. Itallo made 1300awhp with twin 6765s but I don’t think he made full boost until 6k.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
IMR makes one already and I don’t believe any other vendor offers a driver’s side intake manifold. I build a few driver’s side TB variations but should be able to start building one next month like Brian’s version. He isn’t currently offering to build them due to too much time invested to make them.

View attachment 298918

Are you going single turbo then? 7675 is pretty huge to run in a twin configuration. That would be super laggy. Itallo made 1300awhp with twin 6765s but I don’t think he made full boost until 6k.
I will be running the single turbo, yes. I will also take it that I will be able to buy a driver side TB from you? Do you also happen to know who made Brian’s intake plenum?

·
One fix at a time
8,284 Posts
I will be running the single turbo, yes. I will also take it that I will be able to buy a driver side TB from you? Do you also happen to know who made Brian’s intake plenum?
I haven’t tried any options to see what fits best but we could figure something out. I know clearance is tight.

Brian made it himself and made a couple but doesn’t want or have time to build anymore of them. It was supposed to just be a one off originally. It’ll take custom fuel lines and a few other mods since it uses custom rails. He isn’t really active on here or the FB groups.

·
One fix at a time
8,284 Posts
I see, I guess I’ll have to find a shop that can custom make it then. Will I still be using the gm maf?
No, for that big of a build you want to ditch the maf altogether and run speed density with an IAT and MAP sensor. Chrome won’t be capable enough either since it doesn’t have enough memory, map resolution, and so forth plus no safety features. You’ll want a standalone engine management system AEM v2 at the minimum but if you have a tuner more familiar with the newer systems, go that direction. The AEM Infinity and Haltech Elite 2500 are both super solid options.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No, for that big of a build you want to ditch the maf altogether and run speed density with an IAT and MAP sensor. Chrome won’t be capable enough either since it doesn’t have enough memory, map resolution, and so forth plus no safety features. You’ll want a standalone engine management system AEM v2 at the minimum but if you have a tuner more familiar with the newer systems, go that direction. The AEM Infinity and Haltech Elite 2500 are both super solid options.
Ok perfect I already use the AEM v2. If I decided to go with the 6765 turbos, does that still work with the IMR twin turbo manifold? And would I be able to keep the stock air intake plenum?

·
Marshall Taylor
1,331 Posts
I suggest you consider having TurboSinceBirth build you a drivers side TB upper plenum. In high performance applications you need to change the spark plugs often. If you don‘t have to pull the upper plenum to do so, that‘s a major plus. Especially when you are working on a hot engine in between runs.

Good luck,

Marshall

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suggest you consider having TurboSinceBirth build you a drivers side TB upper plenum. In high performance applications you need to change the spark plugs often. If you don‘t have to pull the upper plenum to do so, that‘s a major plus. Especially when you are working on a hot engine in between runs.

Good luck,

Marshall
Ok, I’ll definitely go with him on that. Will the ID 1300x injectors still work at least?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have another question, will the AEM v2 handle 1700 cc injectors? 3sx was saying they don’t think it can? I’ll be running e85 and have ID 1300c injectors in my cart but don’t know if they will be strong enough

·
One fix at a time
8,284 Posts
I have another question, will the AEM v2 handle 1700 cc injectors? 3sx was saying they don’t think it can? I’ll be running e85 and have ID 1300c injectors in my cart but don’t know if they will be strong enough
It’ll handle as big of injectors as you can throw at it. 1300s are too small since that’ll support roughly 750whp on E-85. The 1700s should be big enough for your goals and have better stainless internals compared to their 2000cc injectors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’ll handle as big of injectors as you can throw at it. 1300s are too small since that’ll support roughly 750whp on E-85. The 1700s should be big enough for your goals and have better stainless internals compared to their 2000cc injectors.
Sweet, I’ll get those instead. Where am I going to find the custom fuel rails and fuel lines from? And is there anything else that I’m going to need with this setup? Thanks for helping me by the way. Really appreciate you

17,883 Posts
hey Joe, we are a dealer for both FIC and Injector Dynamics and can get anything you want. I ran FIC 1650s on an AEM Series 2 perfectly, whoever said you couldn't run injectors that "large" on the AEM is incorrect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
hey Joe, we are a dealer for both FIC and Injector Dynamics and can get anything you want. I ran FIC 1650s on an AEM Series 2 perfectly, whoever said you couldn't run injectors that "large" on the AEM is incorrect.
Thank you! Unfortunately I already bought the injectors from 3sx two weeks ago. I’m just having them exchange the 1300s for the 1700s but thank you so much Chris! I’ll be buying the billet oil pump gears, carbon drive shaft and coil on plugs from you guys soon! I’m also aware I need to get the gears soon since they are going up in price

·
Marshall Taylor
1,331 Posts
Ok, I’ll definitely go with him on that. Will the ID 1300x injectors still work at least?
Running E-Fuel requires about 30 to 35 % more fuel delivery. Everything has to be considered. Size of fuel supply and return lines as well as if those are E-Fuel compatible to include the filter. The Fuel pump or pumps has to be able to supply the needed fuel needed as well as the fuel rails. I run ID 2000 cc injectors. Like 3sx, Chris & TurboSinceBirthI indicated the 1300x are sufficient for 1000 HP.
is that why you want at the crank or to the wheels?

·
Marshall Taylor
1,331 Posts
The 1300 cc injectors are not sufficient for 1,000 HP. I missed putting the word “not” in that sentice.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,331 Posts
Marly_vr4,

You mentioned getting a driveshaft from Chris @ Rvenge. In order to support 1,000 HP you have to have many drivetrain upgrades. That being: clutch, bell housing brace, rear axles, input spool, output shaft, etc. TurboSinceBirth is a good source for fabricated items: upper plenum, extended oil pan, etc. Chris @ Rvenge is very knowledgeable on high performance requirements as well as the supplier for many brands.. You need a built block to support your goal. You may know this already, making 1,000 Hp is not easy and certainly isn’t cheap. You are doing the right thing doing your research.

Good luck,

Marshall

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Marly_vr4,

You mentioned getting a driveshaft from Chris @ Rvenge. In order to support 1,000 HP you have to have many drivetrain upgrades. That being: clutch, bell housing brace, rear axles, input spool, output shaft, etc. TurboSinceBirth is a good source for fabricated items: upper plenum, extended oil pan, etc. Chris @ Rvenge is very knowledgeable on high performance requirements as well as the supplier for many brands.. You need a built block to support your goal. You may know this already, making 1,000 Hp is not easy and certainly isn’t cheap. You are doing the right thing doing your research.

Good luck,

Marshall
This is my mod list, I have a fully built drivetrain. This is what my thread is called if you want to look it up. I don’t know how to attach the link yet

Hello everyone! Posting receipts of 50k worth of mods

1 - 20 of 28 Posts