Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
davey magic!!
6,857 Posts
Hopefully, next year. I have a few ideas about preregistration with deadlines (money up front...more incentive to actually make it there...refunds of course for legitimate extenuating circumstances even after the deadlines), polls on what people want to do, getting the word out earlier, getting the site up 6-9 months in advance (so people can plan to save a little here and there to enjoy all of what the gathering has/could have to offer), etc...

I want to see it back to its glory days...hopefully it will happen and not just slowly fade away...
all of that sounds like good ideas, would be nice to see a 100+ car ecg again :cool:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Slickwheel: it was a good turnout, and john took some amazing pictures, I can't wait to see them. As for the no shows, it sucks. But for my first EGC I had an amazing time. It was nice to meet everyone and just get to know people. Good events, good food (I'm still pretty full from Bayside Skillet, don't think I'll be needing an omelette for a while), and everyday there was something to look forward to. I like the idea of putting the site up early and doing the registration differently. And as for returning it to the glory days, that would be nice. Hell you know me, every EGC there is, i'll be there.

Plus it was nice cruising back to HoCo with a fellow 3/S

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nothing exciting here .. Just a walk around at the boat ramp .. Sending out a Big "Thank You" to Pampena Motorsports, Auto Velocity, and GZP performance .. I had a great time catching up with everyone again and meeting some new faces .. Best Wishes All !!!

·
Ancient Spirit Of Evil
3,922 Posts
I know you are all upset about allthe no shows, but I must say that our cars are getting up there in years, I find it difficult to drive very far because I am affraid something awful is going to happen, I got a lot of things I need to do to my car

in awesome news, I fixed the radiator leak, filled up with new fluid+ water wetter, just put valve covers back on and fired her up, she screamed to life, and when I say screamed I am trying to figure out why it's idling at 2,200 rpm? WTF lol

now there is omething else leaking and it smells, could be power steering... or... I am scared to look... transfer case?

·
I miss summer
1,476 Posts
I know you are all upset about allthe no shows, but I must say that our cars are getting up there in years, I find it difficult to drive very far because I am affraid something awful is going to happen, I got a lot of things I need to do to my car

in awesome news, I fixed the radiator leak, filled up with new fluid+ water wetter, just put valve covers back on and fired her up, she screamed to life, and when I say screamed I am trying to figure out why it's idling at 2,200 rpm? WTF lol

now there is omething else leaking and it smells, could be power steering... or... I am scared to look... transfer case?
Yea man shits always going to happen with these cars. My car limped down there on three legs and died on me about twice either direction. Don't sweat it. As Patrick Ewing always said, "Next Year."

·
Misanthropic Mythslayer
1,418 Posts
I have one that's bone stock, nice-weather-daily-driver that's 20 years old (even has historic plates now!) and over 127k miles...that I have no problem driving 1100+ miles each way to NG...and looks good doing it.

And I have one that's got more modifications than Pamela Anderson, at 18 years old, and 157k+ miles...which is a daily driver, plant-and-garden-supply-hauler, occasional weekend racer and grocery getter...that I trust to make it a thousand miles and back, anytime.

Perhaps I'm just lucky. Happy, regardless, that my girls love me! ;D

Despite the cold Friday night and the worst food ever at a banquet, this one was one of the best yet. Those who didn't show, missed out on a great time.

I'd like to organize another Poker Run for next year, if enough people want to see that brought back. Perhaps we need to check out the Bonfire for the banquet, as an option, some folks have tried it, and said it was good. Hall's is good for the breakfast buffet, although it has gone from reasonable to overpriced, in my opinion. But at least it was decent. The "seafood buffet" was pathetic in every respect, and anyone else notice they were selling old, out-of-expiration-date bottled beer?

The Carousel was very nice, although expensive so I heard. But you can pack enough people in there, to split the cost and it isn't that bad.

I'd like to try the Francis Scott Key, in West Ocean City, which has a huge indoor recreation area with a pool, arcade, a restaurant, and outdoor covered pavilions. We could have that catered, or arrange to pick up a large to-go order of pre-determined amounts of food such as lasagna, salad, and so on, and have it right there. For that matter we could have the show there, amongst the shade trees.

I believe there is a drunk bus that shuttles people across the bridge into OC, from this hotel.

Here's a link to my pictures, and some below.

2011 Dodge Stealth & Mitsubishi 3000GT Gathering | Facebook

By claudiabalzac at 2011-05-09

·
Registered
208 Posts
I thought the Buffet was ok. Not great, but ok. coulda used some steak sauce on the roast. Not really that picky of an eater. especially since I can tollerate military food.

I was hoping for a Poker run. But nothing ever happened.
Maybe we can arrange something for the next event?

My car has about 142K+ on it. But it also has a new tranny, and its non turbo.
I hope to bring someone along next time, and maybe get more local members to join as well

·
Busted Knuckle Garage
1,713 Posts
This year was my first year, and it was near perfect to me... All you guys are great guys, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better and making it to all the events... Next year I'm bringing both cars for sure!!! Thanks to everyone who helped me with my misfire. (Greg and Scott... Monochrome and Darksurfr)

·
Busted Knuckle Garage
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Facebook group name:

2011 East Coast Gathering Official Pictures

Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_209071495790230

Pictures have been uploaded to this facebook group. The "highest" resolution versions of the photos will be posted to the main site later for your downloading pleasure, hopefully by this weekend. At 6MB each they are painful to upload to the server...

·
BAWC: In the Mix
5,168 Posts
This year was my first year, and it was near perfect to me... All you guys are great guys, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better and making it to all the events... Next year I'm bringing both cars for sure!!! Thanks to everyone who helped me with my misfire. (Greg and Scott... Monochrome and Darksurfr)
Not a problem! It was great meeting you too and look forward to hanging out again!

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I really believe that anyone that went to this years ECG had a great time. It was great seeing everybody again and really great to see all the members that came from a long distance, especially all those from the 3SNY org. Thanks to all that put on this gathering for us to enjoy. Needless to say I still believe that this club still has a lot of support for each other.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Just to let you all know (I've already posted on NJ )

While at EGC11 we sold our home and will be moving to Florida in 3 weeks.

AL........you will have the only SPYDER at ECG......lol. Mikes gonna have to get his up and running.
We have really enjoyed the last 4 years coming to Ocean City and the one trip we made to the Blue Ridge Gathering, and also the NEG we attended a couple times. I think we will be alittle too far to attend these meets again. ( I'm getting too old for long road trips...lol )

·
likeaspyder
450 Posts
Ted, If I can make it up from Florida when I lived there, you can do the same. HAHA. Why didn't you guys tell us that you were moving down there? Where are you moving to in Florida?

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Sorry Mike, I thought I told you.

Somewhere between Tampa and Fort Myers on the Gulf Coast

Hey, when I was younger, I thought nothing of jumping in my car and driving straight through from NJ to FL.............17 hours straight solo. I probably did that about a dozen times...................NO MORE, I'm getting too old for that shit. I plan on taking at least 2 days to drive down this time.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts