Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
3/S Tech
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DATES: FRIDAY MAY 6TH, SATURDAY MAY 7TH, SUNDAY MAY 8TH

We have been working to get the plans in place for this years gathering, and to restore it to the glory days.

Three top notch shops are sponsoring the gathering this year:
Pampena Motorsports, Ground Zero Performance, and Auto Velocity.

There may possibly be other sponsors to be announced.

The official website site is up, East Coast Gathering 2011

Registration is also on the website.

Hotel info is up as well, Travel and Hotel Information | East Coast Gathering 2011
The hotel has been a huge point of discussion the last few years. The original Nassau hotel was the perfect fit for us and we have been striving ever since to find that perfect hotel.
The main thing we want to get back to is everyone staying at the same place. Its pretty pointless having a gathering where people are staying all over the place at different hotels.
All the sponsors will be at the official hotel, and we have researched for several weeks and discussed the accommodations to ensure we find the best place.
This year it will be the Carousel hotel, Ocean City MD Maryland Oceanfront Family Hotels - Carousel Beachfront Resort Hotel and Condominiums

A past argument has been pricing, but many fail to realize the location, Ocean City, is a top tourist destination. This should be planed and treated as a VACATION, not just a car show. This isn't just a trip to show and race your car and nothing else. There are tons and tons of things to do. We encourage everyone to bring their friends and families.

Another point is, we have secured the price and other benefits at the hotel based on our ability to fill rooms. Therefore the more people staying at the hotel, the better it will be for us. To further promote this we may charge an additional fee of $5-$10 for car show registration of those who choose to stay at a hotel OTHER than the official hotel we have reserved. Also keep in mind the same rates we have now will almost DOUBLE in the following weeks after the gathering as it gets more into summer. Comparable rooms will go for well over $200 a night then.

The hotel has ample parking PLUS, they have agreed to give us exclusively an entire floor of their parking garage which will be nice if it rains.

This hotel is also basically in WALKING distance from the Hooters where the car show is usually held.

We are working on the itinerary for this year as well, it will be similar to previous years. It will be posted as soon as things are finalized.

Also working on t-shirts for this year.

I know there will be some high horsepower, quality show cars there this year.

We of course are still open to ideas and suggestions.

Please visit the site and register.

·
1g lip guru.
1,608 Posts
Dear God. I hope I don't have finals. The first week of May is definitely going to be an issue for a lot of people.

·
Verified Seller
848 Posts
Well I won't be able to make those dates. GF's B-Day is on the 8th. She has already let me know that ECG is fun, but not what she wants to do for her B-Day.

I also second, The first week in May will be problems for many people. Most schools are finishing finals that week.

·
Verified Seller
848 Posts
Plus isn't that Mother's day Weekend. That's going to be a problem for some people too.

·
Verified Seller
848 Posts
I just checked the pricing for those dates at that hotel, and the price seems to be even more than last year (Memory may fail me on this one, since I stayed somewhere else). This is going to be a big negative point for many members. I understand you guys want everyone to stay at the same hotel, but that hasn't been happening over the last few years mainly because of price. That issue seriously needs to be addressed if you want everyone to stay together, rather than just telling us we are going to have to pay more to stay somewhere else. If it were me, I would stay somewhere else, the $5-10 bucks you guys want to charge extra isn't compariable to the $50 or so dollars I could save per day on hotel costs.

The last two years I have stayed at "Castle in the Sands" due to costs. I paid significantly less, and from what I could see, the rooms quality was the same.

My room had a full range stove/oven, mini fridge, cooking utensils, sink, bath, two queen beds, pull out couch, balcony/walk out to the beach, fold out table (perfect size for beer pong), flat panel TV, and Concrete seperating walls (great for noise). There was ample parking and a pool. Plus the hotel restaurant/bar serves you ON THE BEACH, and I saved $50 per day last year over the ECG selected option.

·
Never finished
2,453 Posts
yeah but like he said, ocean city is a top tourist spot and that hotel has a heck of a lot of crap going on. Yeah its more expensive but the added pros outweigh the cons.

Also every year its always the 1st or 2nd week in May, always has been.

·
3/S Tech
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked the pricing for those dates at that hotel, and the price seems to be even more than last year (Memory may fail me on this one, since I stayed somewhere else). This is going to be a big negative point for many members. I understand you guys want everyone to stay at the same hotel, but that hasn't been happening over the last few years mainly because of price. That issue seriously needs to be addressed if you want everyone to stay together, rather than just telling us we are going to have to pay more to stay somewhere else. If it were me, I would stay somewhere else, the $5-10 bucks you guys want to charge extra isn't compariable to the $50 or so dollars I could save per day on hotel costs.

The last two years I have stayed at "Castle in the Sands" due to costs. I paid significantly less, and from what I could see, the rooms quality was the same.

My room had a full range stove/oven, mini fridge, cooking utensils, sink, bath, two queen beds, pull out couch, balcony/walk out to the beach, fold out table (perfect size for beer pong), flat panel TV, and Concrete seperating walls (great for noise). There was ample parking and a pool. Plus the hotel restaurant/bar serves you ON THE BEACH, and I saved $50 per day last year over the ECG selected option.
We do the best we can but its the same arguments every time. Any attempt at changing the dates has always backfired. Any earlier than that and NOTHING is open, weather is cold, and just generally not fun. Any later and prices go WAY up, and you wait in line to even use the restroom its so packed.

I understand alot of chicks do not like cars, but what chick does not like the beach? In all reality you could spend 2-3 hours at the car show and the rest of the entire weekend do whatever she wants.

Again we plan it as a vacation so its attractive to friends and family. That's part of the reason we went to this hotel. $90 a night is very reasonable for the area. The hotel has alot of features, restaurants, the garage parking for us, indoor pool, ice skating rink, etc. that your not going to find at the motel 6. We thought it better to stay in a decent hotel that is going to treat us right, plus again its within walking distance of the Hooters where the show is typically.

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts
Only 90 a night? I live 35 minutes away and i'll even pay that!

Jason

·
I miss summer
1,476 Posts
Looks like with the cheapest room, it comes to $196.00. As long as the quality is decent that's not bad. Considering ya split the room with at least one other person, $100 bucks for a nice weekend in OC ain't too shabby.
And you get a kitchenette and a pool.

·
Verified Seller
848 Posts
$90 a night? Is there a special pricing code or something that needs to be put down. When I checked yesterday it said $186 a night. Hence why I thought it was expensive.

Edit: I see now, I have to call to get those rates. Completely missed the link with details. Well at those rates, then its worth it to stay at that hotel.

·
BAWC: In the Mix
5,168 Posts
Alright! Ecg falls on my birthday this year!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Well I won't be able to make those dates. GF's B-Day is on the 8th. She has already let me know that ECG is fun, but not what she wants to do for her B-Day.

I also second, The first week in May will be problems for many people. Most schools are finishing finals that week.
My birthday is the 8th as well. Her birthday is on Sunday. The event is basically over Saturday night. Leave early on Sunday morning and do whatever she wants for her birthday.
The same applies for the "mothers day" thing. Leave early Sunday morning and be home to do whatever you have planned for the day.

I don't know where you have been staying for $45.00 a night, but I think I'll pass on that place.

Wow,and everyone thinks I'm a complainer. I think you took over my title...LOL

·
Verified Seller
848 Posts
My birthday is the 8th as well. Her birthday is on Sunday. The event is basically over Saturday night. Leave early on Sunday morning and do whatever she wants for her birthday.
The same applies for the "mothers day" thing. Leave early Sunday morning and be home to do whatever you have planned for the day.

I don't know where you have been staying for $45.00 a night, but I think I'll pass on that place.

I didn't stay at a place that was $45 a night. I misread the info stated. On the website to the hotel it stated it was $186 per night. Last year I paid around $85 per night. Don't remember the exact number. Thats $100 cheaper. But after re-reading the post, I saw that you need to call in if you want the $90 price. This is why I thought it was more expensive than it actually is. Reading comprehension FTL

I officially retract my comment about the ECG Selected Hotel being to expensive. Everyone should try to stay at this hotel this year. The price is right and everyone will be close to each other, plus dedicated parking.

In regards to the GF and Mother's Day, I still won't have time to make it. On the 8th I need to do something special for her B-Day and still have time to visit my mother and her mother, who both live an hour from each other. That being the case, if I went to ECG then I would be doing a lot of driving that day. 3 hours back home from ECG, 10 min to my parents, 1 hour to her mom's, and an hour to get back home. 5 hours in just driving, plus the time spent with both families (Typically 3 to 4 hours each), will leave little time for her to enjoy her B-Day.

Even if ECG didn't fall on her B-Day, I'm going to have a hell of a time making her B-Day special, just because it falls on Mother's Day.

In previous years, we would just celebrate the day before. So I'll have to do something for her on the 7th. That now knocks two days out from me being at ECG.

Maybe I'll just come to ECG for a day. :rolleyes: OC is close enough for a day trip

·
3/S Tech
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

HAHA, I know its hard to get a date and place thats perfect for everyone but I think we did good.

I didn't stay at a place that was $45 a night. I misread the info stated. On the website to the hotel it stated it was $186 per night. Last year I paid around $85 per night. Don't remember the exact number. Thats $100 cheaper. But after re-reading the post, I saw that you need to call in if you want the $90 price. This is why I thought it was more expensive than it actually is. Reading comprehension FTL

I officially retract my comment about the ECG Selected Hotel being to expensive. Everyone should try to stay at this hotel this year. The price is right and everyone will be close to each other, plus dedicated parking.

In regards to the GF and Mother's Day, I still won't have time to make it. On the 8th I need to do something special for her B-Day and still have time to visit my mother and her mother, who both live an hour from each other. That being the case, if I went to ECG then I would be doing a lot of driving that day. 3 hours back home from ECG, 10 min to my parents, 1 hour to her mom's, and an hour to get back home. 5 hours in just driving, plus the time spent with both families (Typically 3 to 4 hours each), will leave little time for her to enjoy her B-Day.

Even if ECG didn't fall on her B-Day, I'm going to have a hell of a time making her B-Day special, just because it falls on Mother's Day.

In previous years, we would just celebrate the day before. So I'll have to do something for her on the 7th. That now knocks two days out from me being at ECG.

Maybe I'll just come to ECG for a day. :rolleyes: OC is close enough for a day trip

Still can't believe your girl doesn't like the beach.

You need some pointers lol, romantic candlelite dinner, walk on the beach at nite, etc.

Need any other ideas contact me or Joe.

·
Verified Seller
848 Posts
It's not that she doesn't like the Beach or ECG. She enjoys both. Its her wanting to do something thats focused on her, not partially on me. ECG is more for me than her.

I'll see what I can do. I've convinced her in the past. I may be able to do it again. :muahaha:

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
PLEEEZE..........don't have it at the same place.
I thought the place sucked and I thought the food sucked.

If you want to know how I really feel, just ask...........LOL

I'll tell you what, the best banquet I have been to was at the Blue Ridge Gathering. It was held at the Golden Corral and cost $10 or $11 for all you could eat.
Just some food for thought.

I have never been to a Golden Corral before and haven't been to one since. It sure beat $35-40 for lousy seafood.

Perhaps the hotel would be willing to set up a buffet at a reasonable cost

Then no one would have to drive and we could all booze it up and raise hell

·
3/S tech
2,052 Posts
It's not that she doesn't like the Beach or ECG. She enjoys both. Its her wanting to do something thats focused on her, not partially on me. ECG is more for me than her.

I'll see what I can do. I've convinced her in the past. I may be able to do it again. :muahaha:
WTF grow some balls and tell how it is. I dont want to hear any more bitching out of you or I will go to Silver spring and your car will crank but will never run.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts