• No, not worth it.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 6 5.0%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to consider publishing an official 3Si calendar for 2002. I promise that the calendars would be *much* higher quality than last year's presentation; we won't be using that same publisher again.

I have posted a poll: should we do a calendar for 2002 or not? If you think you might buy one (estimated price: same as last year: $20) then please click "Do it!" so I can get a good feel for the # of people who may be interested.

If we go ahead with this project all pictures will need to be submitted- in Super High Quality- no later than the end of November. I will put the calendars together in the first part of December and ship by EOM.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good response to the poll so far. Alan, can we make this post a sticky for about a week?

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
I'm new to this concept...

Do they include our cars or random pics?

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
I'm IN!!!!

Um, can I, umm, nominate my car to be in? :D (Shameless plug for the supercharger setup):p

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
A calendar of 3SI would be very nice. Anyone here vote for my car to get in? I have better pics and resolution. I'll buy one for sure.

Black94VR4

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
I'll be in as long as I don't get another calender with a SUNFIRE on the cover, 7 pictures of Rob Schoens car (even though it is nice looking) and it's on something other than photo paper

No offense Aerosly, I know it wasn't your fault!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I can take some very high res pics of my car if nobody has any objections to a lowly base being in the calendar... ofcourse I'd want the month of April... ;)
Right now I have 4 coats of zaino on too... might add 1 or 2 more... nice timing :)

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The best way I can think of to impartially judge the car submissions is as follows:

Allow submissions in a thread through the end of November. At the end of the month have a couple of non-members who don't know anyone on the board go through the pictures and pick out the 12 most attractive ones.

Stipulation for this year: no car will appear in the calendar more than once. Rob owned last year's calendar because we let the publisher decide which pics to include and he apparently had an affinity for black cars. LOL

If anyone knows of a better non-partial way to judge which cars are included I am definately open for suggestions. An annonymous poll would be good but, depending on the number of submissions, may not be feasible. I'm not sure what the limit on the number of poll options is.

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
I'll buy one for sure......and there's and extra $20 in it for ya to get my car in it LOL:D . JK, yeah, I'd like to have one.

·
og
4,293 Posts
i'd definitely buy one of these!

- mike

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You can count me in as well :)

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
Do It! I have good high resolution pics of my car now. I think I scanned them in at over 900dpi.

·
Registered
706 Posts
this is a great idea. But I think you have a one day vote. but I mixed on the idea of it being on someone outside the board. But it is the most impartial.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
i would vote for mine and my girlfriends car in the same pic.....but were both stock looking.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
In addition to a third part judging...

Perhaps to keep a bias away from any particular make or generation, the 12 months should cover like 6 Dodges and 6 Mitsubishis or something, maybe even go model specific, just so NA people don't feel they'll definately not be pictured because their not top of the line.

just a thought.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts