Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

off topic: need Cd creator , have XP on ftp server...

311 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  stealthII 
#1 ·
Anybody has new easy cd creator?

buddy has XP on ftp server, let me know who wants to download i will give ip/login.

#3 ·
You mean you want an OS that requires you to register with Microsoft before it will work?

I won't buy WindowsNazi or any related products for my school. We'll use 98 forever before going to that crap.

#6 ·
The OS is fairly interesting in their newest copy protection. It will work for 30 days without registration and then will require registration (internet) or it will stop working. Also, it will download patches in the background and apply them.

Finally, when a new version is released it will give you a certain amount of time (30 days) to use your current OS before upgrading to the new version. Would that be great? Boot up the machine and see the big fat MS Critical dialog box saying "Please upgrade to the newest version of Make Bill Rich".

All in all, it sucks out loud.

I will not move my company this direction until I find out that I can get a version that is not so imposing and controlling. In the mean time, we will run Windows 2000 for our client machines because it is essentially the same OS (with a few less options and a different gui) and is far more stable than the 98/95/ME/home user crap.

Also, now that they are no longer supporting a home environment (XP Home just has less networking capabilities) there will be old OS compatibility issues with newer software. It's unfortuante, but unavoidable that I can tell.

And I really don't think the Russian version is going to give you any more or less copy protection. After all, that group (you know the blade 1911 and DOD) are both FROM Russia so there is some need for copy protection in that version.

#7 ·
I think it would be a great solution for the home user. Besides you can turn off the "features" that MS put in there if you know where to look. For a company though I do understand what you are saying. I have used one of the betas a little and I think it will be a nice OS given you have the horsepower to enjoy it.

#8 ·
The review sites were showing xp to be around 10-15% slower last time I checked (although that was beta form.) [Hmm... I know 2k is quite a bit slower then nt4.] Anyway - 2k needs no sucessor! It's bad ass enough already. Bill just wants a few more bucks.

#9 ·
Why do you want CD authoring software? XP has CD burning built in to it.

BTW, I've been running XP Pro for several weeks and I love it.

#10 ·
;) i am not trying to shove xp in your throat guys...
the XP is from Russia but not in Russian, XP disk are sold on Moskow streets and computer shops for 3$ as all other software.
i have Home edition on one PC(bought with it) and another one with XP pro - i does not ask for the registration . I do not think the disk would be sold in russia if it would required registration.
I do not see where CDwriter software build in XP. i have CD creator 3 but somethimes Doctor Watson comes in and i do not like it.
post you e-mail if you need ftp login.
thanks
As far as windows for business i do not consider Windoz as a stable or scalable platform, but it's good for client applications and to view 3si board

#12 ·
slava said:

I do not see where CDwriter software build in XP. i have CD creator 3 but somethimes Doctor Watson comes in and i do not like it.

CD authoring is BUILT INTO Windows XP. Drag & Drop for data CD's and Windows Media Player for audio CD's.

As far as I know, none of the Adaptec/Roxio authoring software is compatible with XP yet. I believe Roxio is almost ready to release some though..

#13 ·
John M said:
You mean you want an OS that requires you to register with Microsoft before it will work?

I won't buy WindowsNazi or any related products for my school. We'll use 98 forever before going to that crap.
And you think just because Micros**t makes a Hardware integration activation....blah....blah OS that it can't be Haxor'd.....

Remeber a while back when a hacker broke into M$ and stole some of XP's source code? If not, it was all over the news! Well, I can tell you that prolly no later than a day after that "valuable" info was collected, it was prolly spread around to some of the best crackers on the net. As a matter of fact I have seen a working version and it's circulating as I type.

Shall I say "NO" Hardware intervention activation BS!! You can read the "nfo" file here: http://www.isonews.com/release.php3?releaseid=30261

I actually had a chance to download it and still can, but don't care to. I'm quite content with Win 2K... ;)

#14 ·
Slava,

Email: dmecier@iglou.com

I have Easy CD 4.0 but I'm not sure it's gonna work with XP.

Thanks

#15 · (Edited)
Off subject but I know that XP and 2000 are similar and most burning apps, DVD stuff, etc... depends on ASPI layers which WIn 2K doesn't have. Don't ask me what it is because I don't know the tech stuff behind it.

I know that I had mo fo problems using adaptec EZ CD Creator 5.0 with Win 2K til I installed this driver suite.

If anyone wants more info on this and/or is having problems with buring apps, etc.. with Win 2K then PM me on here. I'll try and find an old link to where I got this file..

UPDATE: Here is the link to download the needed ASPI drivers for Win2K: http://www.avataruniverse.com/ForceASPI.rar

#16 ·
TFXP-Zeke01 said:
Off subject but I know that XP and 2000 are similar and most burning apps, DVD stuff, etc... depends on ASPI layers which WIn 2K doesn't have. Don't ask me what it is because I don't know the tech stuff behind it.

I know that I had mo fo problems using adaptec EZ CD Creator 5.0 with Win 2K til I installed this driver suite.

If anyone wants more info on this and/or is having problems with buring apps, etc.. with Win 2K then PM me on here. I'll try and find an old link to where I got this file..

UPDATE: Here is the link to download the needed ASPI drivers for Win2K: http://www.avataruniverse.com/ForceASPI.rar

Finally a fellow IRc 'er ......

guys......lemme say a things
1. www.isonews.com
2. www.mirc.org
3. Broadband is a must
4. All can be had for free.....you just need to make contact
oh....and www.roxio.com for the 5.02 update....if not...i got the iso archived

#17 ·
kanabrewski said:

Finally a fellow IRc 'er ......

guys......lemme say a things
1. www.isonews.com
2. www.mirc.org
3. Broadband is a must
4. All can be had for free.....you just need to make contact
oh....and www.roxio.com for the 5.02 update....if not...i got the iso archived
Yes sir!!:D

Come visit me and any others who would like to dip into the "underground" world!;) You can find me at three different channels. I moderate on 2 different FXP boards and have access to anything you can imagine and am an admin at my Trance/Techno board.......... If you like Trance/Techno then find me on #electrodream on irc.ircgod.net.... It's just starting out and still new, but things will get rolling soon! ;)

I can be found on: irc.ircgod.net
at channels: #team-fxp....#devilsfxp.....#electrodream

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.