Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a conversation with John Hennessey, of Hennessey Motorsports, he was talking about a Viper (Venom, actually) that they dyno'd today at their shop. This power is at the REAR WHEELS!

Well, I can't seem to post the scan of the dyno sheet up here, but that's more likely due to my lack of knowledge about UBB.

Anyhow, peak HP was about 575 at 5350 RPM, and peak torque was about 620 ft-lbs, at 4300 RPM.

This probably means the engine is pushing about 650 HP at the crank (which is the engine dyno rating, according to Hennessey), and just under 700 ft-lbs of torque! Might have to trade the Stealth for a Venom!

This all came up as John is going to dyno his new BMW ///M5, and work on building some performance parts for it!

Anyhow, sorry for the off-topic post, but I figured a bunch of gear-heads like this group would enjoy the stats.

Pat

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Yes, we measured 650hp and 820Nm on a tuned Viper here in Switzerland BUT ... it is a lill expensive and not that great in Winter, LOL.

For the M5, in the US you are getting the smaller and less powerful engine compared to the evil that runs on our streets. Same story as with the M3 ! Buy it in Germany and imprt it ... it's meabye not cheaper but you'll have the full 405 ponies !

Roger
Switzerland

·
Registered
293 Posts
The key is REAR WHEELS. I agree that The Viper has tremendous horsepower, but unless you are a seasoned driver it will be hard to launch. My friend has a 2000 911 Cabriolet4 (AWD). We raced a guy in the Viper the other day and easily beat him. The AWD is the key for speed. I am not saying that teh Viper is not fast by any means, but you have to be skilled in mastering the "hop" to maximize performance. If you want the Viper for looks or prestiege that is a different story. A used one can be in the mid-high $30's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts