Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about putting a PA system together for the purpose of home audio as well as college parties... In high school I did audio for the theatre dept., but its been awhile..

Is there anyone that can help me out? I need to know what I should look for. As a college student, money is tight, so I'm looking for cheap equipment that sounds good. Appearances are secondary. I've always used Peavey stuff, but cheaper components that are just as good are fine. I basically want to find two speakers, and I guess an amp/mixer.

thanks for any help on this.

-LDG

·
Registered
308 Posts
Where you at? I could look into some used equipment! My father and uncle own a sound company as there second job. We most likely have what you are looking for. What exactly do you want? Depending on what you want, we might have some used stuff. You say you want a PA system, but then you say you use PEAVEY equipment...I take it you mean PA as like for sound in the back yard to dance too(like with bass and all that)? Because if you just want a PA, all you need are a couple of horns! Let me know, I might be able to help you!

By the way, I could get you some equipment that really pounds too, we mostly have equipment for concerts and stuff like that, but we do have some little stuff and I could always order equipment for you if you want. But you do realize if you want a good power amp it could be pricey. Again, let me know, I will see what I can do for you.
Jeremy
'91 Stealth ES www.angelfire.com/pa3/stealth

[This message has been edited by 91StealthES (edited January 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
500 Posts
My band used a Peavey Xr 600E PA head, and 2 of their smaller speakers (forgot their model#). It was pretty cheap and got the job done. I can't belive ive forgotten all this already! I used to work at a music store and we sold TONS of Peavey PA gear. If you want some top of the line speakers, check out the SP2s. The Impulse 200's (i think) are also very nice, and much more compact. I think the deal is, the Impulse 200s are of the same sound quality of the SP2s and are much smaller, and more expensive. If you would have asked a few months ago, i could have been a lot more helpful. We also just started getting some Mackie gear about the time i quit. I dont know too much about the models, but what we had was top quality stuff.

As far as Peavey's quality goes, you cant beat it. 5 year transferrable waranty on everything. My main guitar gear is Peavey too. (Peavey Wolfgang guiatar -> 5150 amp.) I payed 700 for the guitar and 800 for the amp. Any other brand would have cost twice that for worse qualty and sound.

You cant go wrong with the Peavey stuff.

Later,
Kevin

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.