Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at the point where I need to replace my clutch. Going to be buying the stuff today or tomorrow, as I need my own set of working wheels by the time my new job starts on 12/23. I've got 15gs, 550cc injectors, fmic, aeromotive 320lph fuel pump, fuelab fpr, chrome ECU, running around 17-20psi(I think, don't have a way to log boost). Will the OEM disk with the ACT HD pressure plate work for me? I don't track the car often, maybe a couple times a year. Should I be looking at, say, a SPEC stage 4+, or something else, like a comp clutch stage 3.5? This is the first time I'm buying and replacing a clutch on anything, ever, so I'm in uncharted waters here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
a stock clutch will give you the best pedal feel and will still work great for your current setup

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
a stock clutch will give you the best pedal feel and will still work great for your current setup
This. I have been running a stock clutch at around 400AWHP for the past 60k miles now with zero issues. Just dont launch it and beat it on it all the time and it should hold fine.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This. I have been running a stock clutch at around 400AWHP for the past 60k miles now with zero issues. Just dont launch it and beat it on it all the time and it should hold fine.
So you'd say a couple of trips to the track, and some spirited driving wouldn't kill it in short order?

17,164 Posts
Yes, the act pressure plate works great with a stock disc and would work great for your setup.

·
Super Moderator
21,000 Posts
So you'd say a couple of trips to the track, and some spirited driving wouldn't kill it in short order?

I ran an RPS pressure plate with a stock disc for years with constant beatings, high 11s at the track, autoX, it lasted a long time. Eventually started to slip, but took a lot of abuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts