Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to find out so I can make plans (gotta not book any DJ jobs for that weekend)... I know it's kinda far in advance but I need to know asap.

Does ANYONE know when OCEAN CITY WILL BE??!?!?

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
ttt

I need to know too so I can take time away from the busy unemployment life :)

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't think too fast... if I go I may trailer my car and pull it with my Grand Cherokee... would have room for one more person if that person were to help out with gas money. :)

That is, if transportation is your problem... of course it's probably because you don't want to miss any school. LOL

4,448 Posts
well, finals week ends on saturday, may 4th... then we are staying out here at school to train until the 3rd weekend in may, when we have a very important race. and i have to have my parents come get some of my stuff and maybe have to move out of my room and into another one. so it's kinda gonna suck but be a lot of fun for the 2 weeks of training and nothing else to do :)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I think this year we are going to try to make it a 3-day event. The Nassau hotel, we have been staying at, gives you a 3rd night free if you pay for 2 and the Bay Bridge walk is always schedule for that weekend and it totally sucks trying to get back on RT50 towards the dc Baltimore area.

Let Eric know what you think and what might interest you to do on that Sunday.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it is FOR SURE May 3,4,5??

I need to know FOR SURE because I'm going to set aside the weekend and NOT book myself for DJing... so if it's not the right day, I'll not be booked and lose several hundred dollars of income.

For Sunday, I personally would really like to see an autocross or something. I've checked into it and if we get in contact with a local SCCA club, we can "hire" them to oversee it, use their timing lights, etc. And I think it would be under their insurance as part of the payment. It shouldn't be that expensive to do. Depending on how many cars, probably less than $10 per car.

If we can't do that, then we should at least do an Austrialian Pursuit kind of race... that's a oval-type track with maybe a slalom in the straightaways where 2 cars "chase" each other. No door-to-door racing of course but it's run like a tournament and doesn't need any timing equipment, we'd just need cones and a parking lot.

I've already volunteered to help plan it (as much as I can from Indiana)... ie. do sign-ups, collect entry money, tech the cars, scoring, etc.

4,448 Posts
it has a 99% chance of being that weekend:

the next weekend is mothers' day
the next weekend is the hot rod cruise in (1500 hot rods)
the next weekend is memorial day

therefore, that weekend is usually the best for those of you who aren't in school.

and it can't be in june because all the hotel rates go up (summer season). dammit all to hell!!! i won't be in OC for 4 years :(

·
2,248 Posts
Dave Best said:
Let Eric know what you think and what might interest you to do on that Sunday.
Wasn't skydiving one of the potential options for last year? I really wanted to do that but, after everyone left Sunday morning, there weren't enough people to participate. :(

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't mind skydiving either, as long as it's a dual-jump, the kind where you get a bunch of freefall. I already did a couple tethered ones and it's fun but I need to FALL!

And a really dumb question... which Ocean City is it? NJ? MD?

Yeah I've never gone yet... LOL

·
2,994 Posts
Hey Kevin, you better show, it is the best thing all year. Nothing beats it. There is nothing like it, no other geathering can even come close to this one. Screw school.
I have an ideal for the next OC gethering. How about when we do the audio competition, we set a specific time that way, it isn't blaring and killing the battery, (or have the car running so that everyone dies of exhaust fumes.) This way, there is a fair comparision. Maybe we can have real judges or something too. It will rule.
I am preparing now, for next years show. Many things will change and you will want to be there. I may even wear less this year (if that is even possible.):D :D

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mobile:
LOL I am one of the DJ's that makes a lot of money for an easy job... weddings and corporate events.

I do have a large selection and would be willing to play for you guys BUT I'm not going to trailer all of my stuff all the way over there so someone would have to rent or supply a system for me.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:) Laugh if ya want but surprisingly enough I'm known as the best wedding DJ in the area :p... and get about $200 more per gig than everyone else in the market... usually around $650-700 for a Saturday night... when everyone else is lucky to get $450. Oh, and the bar DJs (ie mixers and club music guys) get around $100 a night in this market.

I'll put up with Old Time Rock and Roll for $700 a night. LOL

I enjoy the house/techno stuff but IMO there'd have to be some variety for the variety of people that will be there.

As for equipment, the most bulky is the amps/speakers... my stuff barely fits in a 5x8 enclosed trailer, even if I bring bare minimum (ie. no lights, etc.) it would take up most of the trailer. I get 8mpg in my Grand Cherokee when pulling the trailer and 19 when not... figure that out on a trip from Indiana to MD. :)

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
mobilebeatz said:
Jeremy, what do you spin?

Seems like we should do some live stuff at the Gathering...
if the weather is good. you guys could shut down the end of the road the hotel is on (its a dead end anyway) and we could have a beach/street party.. ya know pass out flyers during the day friday.. that would be fuggin pimp.
that could fly.. hopefully theres more female there this yr..
mobile.. you got any good mixed shit i can have and or listen to?
paul oakenfeld is pretty darn good.. and d-devils is hot shit too..
do you have that disk? noone i know has it.. it seems im the only one!.

·
Life begins @ 30psi
1,089 Posts
I'll be there. And I always stay for 3 days Dave! To hell with that sunday traffic! :p

·
poser
2,611 Posts
Um...any Oakenfold I have predates '98 or so. The man has taken a rapid tumble into mediocrity since then...hence my moniker: Jokenfold...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts