Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my grandpas car after he passed and I replaced little things on the car and it started running but was having problems so I tried to read the codes but it has a obd2 port even though it’s 1995 what should I do?

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,120 Posts
The hardware is there to support OBD2, but the software is kind of a hybrid of OBD1 and OBD2.
94's and 95's were the "Hybrid Years"
They require special tools to read them, like a laptop running Evoscan (and the necessary cabling).

Do a little searching here and you'll find people talking about "hybrid ECU's"

Hope this helps...

Bob.

·
13,120 Posts
A better search might be "Hybrid Data logging"

Bob.

·
Curmudgeon
5,398 Posts
According to this write-up on Stealth316.com the "Hybrid" codes can be read with a jumper:
For 1994 and 1995 models, the diagnostic port was re-located to under dash knee protector near the driver's right leg. According to the service manual, the codes can be read by grounding terminal 1, turning the ignition on (do not start the engine), and observing the pattern of flashes of the check engine (CE) light on the dash. For 1996 and newer models, the diagnostic port is in the same location. However, the codes can be read only using a MUTII or other OBDII scanning tool. Use the Diagnosis Chart from the appropriate-year service manual to interpret the patterns.
The '94/'95 use the 1st gen codes listed there.

·
13,120 Posts

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,011 Posts
I am surprised that Bob does not have a working MirageCorp hybrid logger on a Palm PDA lol - or does he...? I still have it, but the software/connection always bugs out even with an m515... so HHH (Halo) has been my main go-to. The touch scantool from BlackStealth works really well too.

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
Touchscreen scantool:

Canbus converter tool, can read and monitor 94-95 cars also:

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
I cant seem to edit, so here's the canbus converter tool link:

·
13,120 Posts
I am surprised that Bob does not have a working MirageCorp hybrid logger on a Palm PDA lol - or does he...? I still have it, but the software/connection always bugs out even with an m515... so HHH (Halo) has been my main go-to. The touch scantool from BlackStealth works really well too.
I DO!!!!! (I let Chris from Mirage develop his hybrid logger on my Spyder :) )
And I have 2 M515's and both gen cables :)
Unfortunately, the batteries are constantly dead, LOL

I also have a netbook with a Palm Emulator, MirageCorp logger, MMC'd, and Evoscan.
It also houses my Spyder Top Tool software :)

A year or so ago I bought Black's tool to get rid of a SRS light in my oldest VR4, so I have that tool as well.

When you own these cars, and you don't have the right tools, or at least friends with them, YOU are in a world of hurt.

Bob. :)

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,011 Posts
Haha! Yes, a varied arsenal is a must. I still have one or two m515's. The good news is that new batteries are still available; I have only replaced one once. The scantool is definitely cool to use with diagnosing SRS, ETACS, DCC, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts