Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SoCal3S Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there there everyone
Well I just got this 93 Dodge Stealth with a off and on check engine light.

I took a video of the light bulb codes it should be displaying.

Light bulb code reading video

I read code 21 and 41 Is this correct?
Thanks to all in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey,

Yup you read the right codes.

I also have a 93 Stealth & i found that code 21 is an Airflow sensor error code, make sure your MAF is connected properly and is working. Had this code come up and a simple disassembly and cleaning of the MAF and replacing a dirty air filter cleared the code for me.

Code 41 is related to your injectors, perhaps they need replacing depending on your millage, but personally I found you’ll get this code coupled with code 21 if theres a problem with the detection of proper airflow into your engine. Had this happen to me a while ago too so i cleanned the throttle body replaced the gasket and changed the spark plugs & the code 41 went away.

Here’s a link with an info chart (at the bottom) to diagnose your error codes:

·
SoCal3S Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,

Yup you read the right codes.

I also have a 93 Stealth & i found that code 21 is an Airflow sensor error code, make sure your MAF is connected properly and is working. Had this code come up and a simple disassembly and cleaning of the MAF and replacing a dirty air filter cleared the code for me.

Code 41 is related to your injectors, perhaps they need replacing depending on your millage, but personally I found you’ll get this code coupled with code 21 if theres a problem with the detection of proper airflow into your engine. Had this happen to me a while ago too so i cleanned the throttle body replaced the gasket and changed the spark plugs & the code 41 went away.

Here’s a link with an info chart (at the bottom) to diagnose your error codes:

Thanks much appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts