Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't find a definite answer to that question. On nrauto.com they only list the VR-4 and the SL. But I was under the impression that the SL gauges are the same as the base's?

Another question: seeing as how I have an automatic ( :mad: ), will the PWR and OD OFF lights show up on the gauges? I guess that doesn't really matter though. If I need the lights to tell me what's going on, well . . . :rolleyes: I guess I would have to shoot myself.

Thanks,
Nate

PS -- performed my first mod today. Well, not really. Removing the resonator bottle doesn't really count I guess. It's got a nicer sound now :D

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
what does the automatic 3000GT gauge face look like?? i'm under hte impression that there are only 2 different types. turbo model and non turbo model...and the only difference between those 2 are just MPH gauges and boost gauges...even the RPM are the same ( for dohc engine )

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly what I needed to know, that there is just a difference between turbo and NA (resulting in the SL and base being the the same) and not a difference between the VR-4 AND the SL AND the base. Like I said, only VR-4 and SL were listed (the base isn't listed at all), and I was confused because I thought that the base faces were the same as the SL's.

On the automatic, there are two lights/indicators at the bottom of the tach face: "PWR" (two different sets of driver selectable shift points in the automatic: power/PWR and economy/ECO. PWR lights up when selected) and "OD OFF" (self-explanatory, when off the transmission won't shift into 4th). When they're not lit up you can see a shiny outline I guess of where the light does shine through. I'm guessing that the NR Auto faces don't allow for that, and it's not important at all, but I just wanted to clarify.

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
I don't think NR Auto guages change the look of the LED readouts such as the PWR/ECO Overdrive and anything else.

And don't worry, tons of companies make that Base/SL generalization for the 3000GT. VR4=180mph SL/BASE=160
So just order the SL guages. The NR guages listed for the SL are the same for the Base.

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PRODIGY3000 said:
I don't think NR Auto guages change the look of the LED readouts such as the PWR/ECO Overdrive and anything else.
They have to change the look because the PWR and OD OFF indicators <b>are on</b> the tach face. That is, if they do show through.

And don't worry, tons of companies make that Base/SL generalization for the 3000GT. VR4=180mph SL/BASE=160
So just order the SL guages. The NR guages listed for the SL are the same for the Base.
Okay, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts