Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
EEEEEEEEVO!:eek::eek:
Its the 4g63 Lancer Evo engine (also the same engine in the GS-T and GSX)

Its not from the Eclipse, its from the lancer, as you can see the cam gears are on the left.:)

I'm guessing the difference is that the Lancer has different cyclinder heads, thats why it has cam gears on the left, as compared on the right on the DSMs, and thats also why it probubly makes more power than the DSM's, plus it has a better turbo:)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TurboTurd said:
EEEEEEEEVO!:eek::eek:
Its the 4g63 Lancer Evo engine (also the same engine in the GS-T and GSX)

Its not from the Eclipse, its from the lancer, as you can see the cam gears are on the left.:)
correct :D ;)

·
Twin Power Pellets
9,372 Posts
the one's that the US gets are V6's i thought...

·
Registered
987 Posts
pacman3000gt said:
Japan doesn't get an Eclipse, only the US gets the new one with the V6, but check out this one, its gotta "ENGINE SWAPPAGE":D

Looks like a damn stock Lancer Evo engine, except for that big intake piping:eek::eek:

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
pacman3000gt said:
Engine swap. :)

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
I would swear that was a NA engine. Look at the huge pipe going towards the back of the engine - it goes into what appears to be a MAS. Turbos don't fire thru the MAS!

It is a 4cyl Eclipse GS with a red painted valve cover and some sort of cold air intake. The 2.4 engine does have the belts on the passenger side.

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
Not too sure about that engine. It doesn't look like the one from the 6cyl Eclipse I drove. They're not terrible cars, just too little power for the price. It's basically the same exact engine and tranny as my base model (well they have 4 valves per cylinder while I have 2). I really couldn't justify a car payment on a car that isn't THAT much better than mine.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Whatever it is, it's not an EVO 7 motor. Maybe a 6? That MAF really has me boggled though. It looks like it has a BOV on the intake pipe which adds to the confusion.

It could just be a hopped up base Eclipse engine. Last time I checked, the base Eclipses had a 4 banger.

Here's a real EVO motor for comparison

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Take a look closer at that motor... It's the exact same as in gatecrashers pick... And for the recrod I've worked on TONS of 4Cyl 2000+ eclipses and that is in NO WAY a stock 4 cylinder with a red valve cover. Not even close. everything in that motor except the intake piping is exactly the same in both pics....

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Ok, so after further checking it is not a turboed stock 4cyl engine. It's still too funky with that sewerpipe-adapter-looking thing for me to think it's legit.

Perhaps a good Photoshop job?

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
The picture that Gate posted looks pretty similar to the one in the Eclipse.

-Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts