Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
?Mark
16,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend anything against notchy shifting in first and second gear. Most of the time it gets worse on short drives with lots of stops and goes, or after I have been in an uphill position. I have a 1996 vr4 84000 miles, always serviced normally including the big 60000 miles.
Thanks

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
How much is it for synchros without labor.. and then with?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Put some GM (yes GM, General Motors) syncromesh fluid in the trans (Also made by Pennzoil, available under the Pennzoil name at Pep Boys and Autozone for far less than at a GM dealership). This will likely cure your problem. If not try some Redline MTL, or some BG syncroshift. If that works but not completely try adjusting shifter cables at the shifter. And if it feels like the clutch engages really close to the floor a clutch bleeding or master/slave cylinder replacement may be in order. Anyway try the little things before you jump into a rebuild that costs mucho dinero Esse.

·
Registered
126 Posts
mine scratches in some gears also

i need new syncros, i'm just gonna save and get the kormex rebuild. hey duchguy i'll call some people and see if we both order one, or we both get the parts needed to fix the syncros for now if they'll give us a deal or somethin. talk to ya later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts