Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting a "bra" on my 95 3KGT....dealer is asking me around $150 or so...
any suggestion ..pros and cons!

-David

PS: This is my first message on the board..but I gotta tell you guys its great to read the postings...you guys are doing great!

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Hey, I will sell you mine for 100 + Shipping. I have a picture of it on my website. It has all the mounting hardware, and is in great shape. http://mason.gmu.edu/~tluu

OH, the Bra I have is the Factory 94-96 all models. I am going to put a new fascia on my car soon.

Tuan Luu,
1994 3000GT Base

[This message has been edited by Tqlla (edited December 13, 1999).]

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
I got one for the 92 VR-4. Let me know if you are interested. I am in NJ and $85 + shipping.

-Frank-

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Anyone have one for a 1st gen stealth?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
To David (who posted the original in this thread):

I put a factory bra on my '94 VR4. It cost about $140 from the local dealer. It is the best fitting car bra I've ever had. Looks very good. Has a set of mirror covers as well.

It is very hard to put on the first time. Takes the shape well after that and is easy to re-install.

Remember that you will need to keep the car's nose clean and well waxed. You will also need to keep the bra clean. If it gets wet you must remove it as soon as possible (if it dries on the car it will cloud the paint).

Typically you get a car bra because you like the look it gives (this is one everyone has an opinion on) or for the protection (which is why I got it, lots of stones get kicked up around these parts).

Don't get one if you are not willing to constantly take it on and off and keep it and the car clean.

Don't get a cheap one. Poor quality, ill fitting bras look bad and don't stay on.

The factory bra looks good with a coat of Black Magic Super Thick (waterless) tire and trim shine on it.

I like the look of the mirror covers and they protect from stone strikes as well.

Chris

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Try West Broad Mitsu, the last time I checked, they were selling new factory Bra's with the mirror covers for $108.00, plus shipping. They are located in Richmond Va and their number is 1-800-229-1001. At least that was the price they were giving 3Si members about six months ago.

I have a factory Bra on my 92 and it work well at keeping the chips and scratches down. Since these cars are so low it seem like every little rock or pebble hits the front end somewhere.

But one thing to remember, take it off when it's going to rain. Because if you don't and it get wet under the Bra and the sun hits it for a while it will discolor your paint, kinda give it a milky appearance. Short of repaint is near impossible to get rid of. Just something to keep in mine.

Good luck,

Dave Best
3Si #62

1 - 11 of 11 Posts