Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not remeber who told me this...but they told me about sprayin NOS onto their intercoolers? Is this correct and can be done? I mean it sounded simple...just hook it up right in front the intercoolers and spray in right on so the intercoolers basically freeze...am i understanding this right?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
1sexy3kGT said:
I can not remeber who told me this...but they told me about sprayin NOS onto their intercoolers? Is this correct and can be done? I mean it sounded simple...just hook it up right in front the intercoolers and spray in right on so the intercoolers basically freeze...am i understanding this right?
ignoring Frestylereactio's comment, yes, this is basically the point of spraying nitrous directly onto the intercoolers. you're essentially doing it to cool the ic's down as much as possible (more than normal airflow anyhow)

~matt

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
yes, many people do this before runs at the strip...it takes away the heat soaking that occurs while you wait and cools them down since theres no airflow over them. Fire extinguishers also work I believe. Just any compressed gas will basically work because its very cold when you spray it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
SHiVeR-91VR4 said:
yes, many people do this before runs at the strip...it takes away the heat soaking that occurs while you wait and cools them down since theres no airflow over them. Fire extinguishers also work I believe. Just any compressed gas will basically work because its very cold when you spray it.
minor detail, but not any compressed gas will work.

any compressed gas that is stored in liquid form will work ;)
CO2, nitrous oxide, etc...
the cold comes from the state change from liquid to gas.

~matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.