Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pacific Islander
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you guys thought about NOS in our cars. I was thinking it was worth it becuase i can get a kit for 500 and install for 200 from TurboRX which is a racing company close to my home. My friends dad owns the place and said i can shoot a 100 shot and run low 14's high 13's. i was wondering if this was worth it, all iwanna do it beat my friends z28 he just ran a 13.9 with cut-outs and cold-air. It would be fun thats for sure... most of you guys think that our cars will blow up but im willing to take the risk. I dont want my engine to crap out on me, ill run 40 shots just to keep up with the sooped up civics. not only that, i dont have to pay for MASSIVE INSURANCE, im 16 =)

Drive till i Drop

·
Registered
308 Posts
For one, you shouldn't need to use NOS to keep up with souped up Civics and to hang at least a little with your friends Z. I have never raced a Z, but I am assuming they are equal to or maybe a little faster then a GT Mustang(94 to 96 is what I raced), which we can hang with. Just my two cents...I was thinking about getting NOS before, but I don;t think it is worth the risk! And a 100 shot...I don;t think it would be able to handle it...maybe 75, but I still think that might be pushing it? If you do install it let me know...you should definately beat the Z then with no problem then, in my opinion.

Jeremy
'91 Stealth ES www.angelfire.com/pa3/stealth

[This message has been edited by 91StealthES (edited December 09, 1999).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts