Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a new owner of a 97 3000gt SOHC. Won’t get into details about the prior hack that worked on it for me but when I got it home it was missing the ignition relay and had a scrap fuel pump. Replaced both and it ran fairly well. I took it down a couple of weeks ago to clean and rewire the fuel hat /hanger and now I have neither power to the fuel pump nor spark. I purchased a hot wire kit from 3sx and can get power to the pump if I jump it. I get power to the chassis side of the connector but not to the bulkhead side. I ran a compression test and have between 150-165 Psi in all cylinders so I’m pretty confident it’s not the timing belt. Is there one component failure that could be related to both? Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MFI relay also needs to be checked. Its behind the carpet on the center council on the passenger side.... My knowledge is based on VR-4, not sure if base is different.... Your positive Your not getting spark?

how did you jump your pump? do you have a black test port by the battery like the VR-4's do?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was thinking about the MFI. That’s a good place to check but i didn’t know if that effected the spark as well. Yes I do have the test port. I used a spark plug tester and got no reading so I do believe there is no spark. How I jumped the fuel pump was I connected a jumper wire to the hot side of the battery wire and the other to the lead on the FP hanger (hat). I can hear it run and I’m gettin fuel to the rails. I cannot here the MFI click when I turn on the ignition but I could never hear it so I discounted that test. I’m sure there is a post on how to check that relay. Thanks again.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
16,005 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
16,005 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have someone hold the wire on the positive when using the test port. If you hear the pump run. Try amd start the car while they are holding the wire in the test port. If the car starts. You have spark... I recently did this with mine. I had a bad realy with my hotwired pump. Fired right up when using the test port.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts