·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 dodge stealth rt (Automatic)
The car sat for 10 years.
64k miles
New:
Ive replaced the fuel pump. And filter while Ive also chemically cleaned the gas tank.
Plugs. Coil plugs.
Coil packs. Ptu.
Starter. All coolant sensors.
Thermostat. Starter relay(with vr4 relay mimes a N/A) engine fuse.
Water pump. Hydrologic tensioner.
Timing belt. Idlers.
Crank sensor
TCU.
Battery.
Maybe ive forgot some other things....

Unpluged factory alarm. Ive tried starting in neutral. I took starter fluid to it. I hear the fuel pump prime in the back right of the trunk now that i did crank sensor today. No start. So i took a plug wire and attached a spare plug to it for a test fo spark and nothing still.... No spark. I tried to ground also to the frame for the spark test and nope... Please advice or points in direction.. Ive also cleaned electrical connector with electric cleaner. Ive cleaned the intake etc for all that.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,149 Posts
...........Starter relay(with vr4 relay mimes a N/A) engine fuse.........
.... No spark. I tried to ground also to the frame for the spark test and nope...
First yours being an automatic you shouldn’t need the starter relay since there’re only used in manual trans cars, I’m assuming you just had a blank spot there.

There’s many voltage checks that needs to be done to run down your NO spark problem, I’ll suggest the following that might narrow down where problem might be.

1) First check if you have power on Black-white wire to PTU and to Coil harness plug with key ON?

2) Also check fuses #12, #17 & #19 under dash for being good (not blown). Fuses #17 & #19 should have power without key being on, fuse #12 should have power when key turned on.

3) Do you hear or feel MFI relay click when you turn key to on?

fuse box.JPG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i meant the alternator relay i believe. Its under the hood in the middle or the middle right top row. I cant remember im away from it. I have hears the mfi click and something under the hood click. Ill check fuses though and double check the ptu. Which is replaced.

·
Keep on keeping on
84 Posts
Did you ever fix the problem? If so, what was it? Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So check your crank sensor. I put mine backwards where the metal would not run between the slit where the magnet sits. As well as i had a blown head gasket and quite a few bent valves.. Bought a whole top end new. Waiting for that to show. But once i turned the crank sensor around and fired it up and gave it gas. It sure fired up. But was ugly. Ugly because i than found out about the gasket and bent vavles

·
Keep on keeping on
84 Posts
Sorry to hear about the gasket but glad you found out it was the crank sensor. Those wires seem to get chewed up a lot on our cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even the rodents know its worth something hahaha from wires to the engine and body styling. Lol. Thanks im stoked this week or next the heads will be in shipping

What kind of set up do you run?

·
Keep on keeping on
84 Posts
Bought another 2nd gen SL.

·
Keep on keeping on
84 Posts
Oh yeah, where at in Texas? It's a big state with lots of bases, parks, and schools.

Here is a list of what Dfw could stand for:

BTW, I picked my name because it stands for more then one thing to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts