Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled up to a parking lot at night, talking to my friend outside my car, left the lights on and all....When it came time to leave, i noticed all my lights were out...my headlights were off, all my lights for the guages inside were out and my tail lights were out....Hazards work, turn signals work, interior lights work(all but the guages of course).

Im thinkin its a fuse but i spent some time checking both sets of fuses and they seem fine....

I think this happened to me a while back, i cant remember, and i moved some wire under the fuse box in the engine bay and they went on.....I do not really remember though.

Anyone have any idea where i should start looking.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Is it just the lights?

You could have killed the battery too. Could also be the ETACS unit i belive. Its whatever module controls the walk-away kills. That should be checked also.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Sounds like a problem I've had in the past. Check your engine compartment fuses. Most likely 1 of the small fuses lined up in the middle of the fuse box.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
It's the TAIL fuse

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems like all but 1 fuse was busted. Its one of the big ones, IGN, I bought 2 30s and 1 40 fuses to put in there, and when i put the headlights up, the fuses popped. I have no idea what to check now.....Im starting to think maybe my turbo timer or boost controller or indiglo guages are part of this.......but why would it happen now, ive had this setup for months, prob a year.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
god damn, i starte dmoving aroudn that ign fuse and it starts sparking kinda and the headlights went on, but the guages and tail lights and side runner lights are still off, so i was messin with it again, and now the headlights wont go back on.....it makes no sense... =(

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i ended up takin it to the dealer and they said some wires are loose under the fuse box, and they "repaired it" as they said, but they said if it happens again, theyl have to replace the fuse box.....2days later, only 1 side marker works, guages are off, tail lights are off.... =(

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh, the beauty of electricity.......Now, everything seems to work BUT the right headlight, but check this out....the right headlight works when the highbeams are turned on.....this is so much fun....lol

theres definatly a loose wire under the fuse box, but im so scared to go under there, theres like 200 wires running under there.....

anyone have a dummy guide or something to fixin a fuse box problem....

·
I am the 1.85% =
2,362 Posts
Humm, sorry to hear this has turned out into such a problem.

I was thinking, did you do the snake eyes? And if so, did you do the one that involved cutting a wire under the fuse box? Maybe it has come loose and is shorting out.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am having weird electrical problems with my interior and I notice one marker light in rear now not working, I think I am going to check my fuse box wiring too now that I read this, maybe it is a weak spt for more than 1? I'll let you know if it is my fix or not, but thanks for posting and giving me an idea where to look!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.