Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 92 3kgt sl and trying to go through and fix some of the problems it has. the one I`m looking into now is the ECS not working at all. There is no light on the dash for it, and the button does nothing when pressed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,068 Posts
First thing is to verify that the ECS module is there and plugged in (in the trunk on the right side behind the small access panel). If it is then verify that the bulbs are installed and not burnt out as well as make sure the switch is plugged in (does the defrost button work?).

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,068 Posts
Hopefully you understood I meant the rear defrost button (I should have specified, my apologies if it wasnt clear). Since the ECS module is plugged in you should get the lights, pull the gauge cluster and check that the bulbs are there and not burned out. If there is a problem with the ECS the tour and sport lights will flash all the time so its not uncommon for people to just remove the bulbs (even though unplugging the module would be better).

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well when I press the button i don’t feel any difference in the driving

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,068 Posts
If there is a problem with the ECS system, it wont change the strut modes and it will flash the tour and sport lights together to indicate that there is a problem. Since you dont have either of those lights on you need to verify they are there and working first. If they are there and working then there is a definite problem with the module. If the bulbs arent working then you need to get good bulbs installed to see what the ECS module is trying to do (indicate a fault, change modes, etc.).

·
Registered
622 Posts
You can also remove the module and physically look at it. When mine died the board was visibly bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts