Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Ideas:
I have a n/a 94, every-so-often when I turn on my lights the dash lights and brake lights (except when I push on the brakes) do not work. They come on anywhere from 30secs to 15 minutes later.

These work all the time:
Turn signals(front, back and in the dash), headlights, stereo, dome, OD and shift-mode lights in dash.

Any help out there?

Kirk

·
Registered
133 Posts
same exact thing happened to me in my na '93. in my case it was a blown fuse. i guess if yours seems to come and go it may be broken electronics or a funky fuse getting a good connection as it warms up to power and expands a little? i'm not sure. mine was out and never played games. i'd check your fuse and see what happens.

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
Check the fusebox under the hood for a loose connection. Check the fuse labeled Tail wiggle it around and see if by moving the fuse around you get the lights tocome on and off. If so you have found your culprit. You may need a second person for the job unless its dark out when you do it;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fast replies guys.

I will try to see if the fuse is loose tonight.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I checked the fuse connections a few days ago and everything looked good and tight.

Today, it happened again, took 20 minutes to come on.

Dont know if it helps but they never shut off or flicker when they are on, it just takes a while to turn on sometimes.

Any other thoughts?

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
It has to be loose within the fusebox if it was anything else such as a short it would blow the fuse everytime.

Take out the fuse marked tail and around each post of the fuse wrap around the post of the fuse with one layer of aluminum foil. Careful not to make it to thick and then slide the fuse back in where it goes and this should give it a tighter fit in the fuse box.

or grab a second person while you wiggle the tail fuse around just to see if your dash lights and or tail light go on and off while you wiggle the fuse

Oh and by the way you should not have to wait for a fuse to warm up and then expand;) :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Brian:

the right rear running lights are not working on my '95 VR4 - I have removed all the interior panels to get access to the light panel but there aren't any light bulbs - it almost looks like I need to remove the light panel - am I missing something?

Also, I am waiting on a recently oredered 3SI maintenance CD which has not yet arrived and I need to drive this cat tonight - if you happen to catch this message me back if you can about how to change or check the rear runnign adn brake lights, please.

Jerry
ColoVR4

·
Registered
9 Posts
Brian:

I simply removed the rear light panels after all - I've never had to do that to change light bulbs with any other car I have owned - oh well, wasn't to difficult, it took longer to get the the nuts that hold the lights in.

thanks anyway -

ColoVR4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.