Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 NA Stealth R/T MTX DOHC
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to say, I bought the car in this condition.

I have no heat controls or lights on the display of the climate control BUT the buttons will turn the radiator fan on. If I press the down arrow a bunch the fan will turn off and vice versa. The mode, defrost and Auto button also all turn the rad fan on. The off button turns it off. What kinda fuckery is this? The vents do not blow any air whatsoever. I hear the beeps it makes, as well as the sequence of beeps when you max the temp out.

Anyone know what I could check to undo whatever was done to cause this? I can live without AC but no heat sucks. I get up early for work all winter. So I guess, does anyone know how to even wire this up? That way I can completely undo it and hopefully get heat back. I'm practically begging at this point, if I can't use heat I will probably just look into cutting my losses and buying a kia

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,999 Posts
So there's no fan at all, even on low? Or is it stuck on foot, and low? Sounds almost like part of the problem is a bad fan resistor pack.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So there's no fan at all, even on low? Or is it stuck on foot, and low? Sounds almost like part of the problem is a bad fan resistor pack.

There is no heater fan at all. My actual rad fan turns on as needed by itself. Previous owner did weird stuff and I'm now seeing an aftermarket alarm/remote start wired in.
I'll have to check out the unit and look for the resistor. I was under the assumption nothing works on the CC with bad resistor

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,999 Posts
There is no heater fan at all. My actual rad fan turns on as needed by itself. Previous owner did weird stuff and I'm now seeing an aftermarket alarm/remote start wired in.
I'll have to check out the unit and look for the resistor. I was under the assumption nothing works on the CC with bad resistor
Different resistor. You're thinking the ones on the board. For example, my screen is dead but the buttons make it beep. I'm talking about the resistor pack behind the glove box that controls the blower fan. If I remember right, if that is completely failed or disconnected you get zero fan.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Different resistor. You're thinking the ones on the board. For example, my screen is dead but the buttons make it beep. I'm talking about the resistor pack behind the glove box that controls the blower fan. If I remember right, if that is completely failed or disconnected you get zero fan.

haha i cant get my glovebox open, broke the plastic piece and it was really hard to open before, its all hung up.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,999 Posts
haha i cant get my glovebox open, broke the plastic piece and it was really hard to open before, its all hung up.
Ugh. Can't help you there. :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ugh. Can't help you there. :(

This question was answered in one of my old threads but not sure how to search an entire thread, is the ran fad supposed to turn on when enabling the climate control?

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,999 Posts
This was answered in one of my old threads but not sure how to search an entire thread, is the ran fad supposed to turn on when enabling the climate control?
Yes, the slim fan(ac condenser fan) turns on with the climate control if AC is enabled.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the slim fan(ac condenser fan) turns on with the climate control if AC is enabled.

lol
would it be a bad idea to remove the afternarket remote start?

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,999 Posts
lol
I've never tangled with that. For that kind of job, I'd make sure you have a paper copy of the factory service manual, specifically the electrical diagrams, because more than likely you'll be repairing/rebuilding a bunch of harnesses.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never tangled with that. For that kind of job, I'd make sure you have a paper copy of the factory service manual, specifically the electrical diagrams, because more than likely you'll be repairing/rebuilding a bunch of harnesses.

No worries. I got the glove box open so that's good,

·
Lovbyts
3,935 Posts
lol
Get yourself a good soldering iron and heat shrink tubing and connect the wires the right way so it wont come apart later. Dont use old/cheap crimps. If you have to use crimps then make sure they are the newer type that have heat shrink and a good crimping tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts