Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having issues getting any response from ninja performance? I've ordered something in April and still haven't seen any update. Sent messages two weeks ago and have heard nothing.

·
Registered
1991 VR4
846 Posts
Anyone having issues getting any response from ninja performance? I've ordered something in April and still haven't seen any update. Sent messages two weeks ago and have heard nothing.
There is a new thread on this about once a month. Just search so you understand the reason and context.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,210 Posts
My most recent two orders took 4-5 months each, but these were just stocking orders given the circumstances. Send them an e-mail, if needed.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My most recent two orders took 4-5 months each, but these were just stocking orders given the circumstances. Send them an e-mail, if needed.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9
4-5 months! That's crazy! What happen to the 20 day handling period? Were you at least in contact with them?

·
Money pit owner.
2,658 Posts
I did an order for 2 items on Feb 24 and those on received April 24.
My order had to ship to Canada this time because the US/Canada border is restricted to essential travel only.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,210 Posts
4-5 months! That's crazy! What happen to the 20 day handling period? Were you at least in contact with them?
Haha it is "crazy" when looking at it from a normal perspective, but I try to "spread the love" and mostly ordered consumables for the cars that I service/tune here. For the first order mentioned, I did not communicate and just let it run its course since I had existing inventory. For the most recent one, I ended up sending an e-mail as a friendly reminder (instead of messaging directly). In years past, I have sent much business myself or through others but have had to vary things up to meet timeframes.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It took about a month for an order I placed in Feb to ship, and an order I placed on 4/8 still hasn't shipped. I'm in no rush to get the part so I don't mind, but I know this covid-19 stuff combined with his ongoing cancer treatment has to be putting a huge damper on his ability to get shipments out. Just be patient.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Patience should come with a discount, thats all Ill say. Imagine if amazon operated this way, or any business that you use. A business is a business to me and it needs to be ran like one. Not trying to make enemies by saying that, and Im not going through what he is. To me its a bit odd that everyone just puts up with it. Like I said in the past, those who want to support him and continue to use him and wait, thats fine and more power to you. I got a car to drive though!

·
One fix at a time
7,821 Posts
I say let those who want to wait go ahead and order without a discount. I don’t think they could afford to keep in business if they offered discounts due to the current situation. Overhead may be low but look at their prices. Someone has to spend the time to do the drop shipping and work with suppliers as well as package any items. That doesn’t come free or just because of a love for the platform. Hospital costs are outrageous and I know from having a family member go through cancer for 6 months that you can easily rack up half a million to a million dollars in bills in no time at all.

They’re also losing a huge volume of business because of the long and unknown wait times but at this point that doesn’t matter since it’s obvious it isn’t a main source of living or the only means for income. There have been plenty of grants and loans available for small business owners to help with payroll and other essential costs that I’m sure could have been used to pay for a few $10/hr people to help out with things even some high school students. It is what it is though and I’m sure it’ll continue because of any kind of support for platform is good right now.

I still refer people from time to time with the caveat that waiting times are going to be awhile and most choose to go elsewhere. I’m not doing any personal builds so it’s only OEM parts and maintenance I need from time to time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Patience should come with a discount, thats all Ill say. Imagine if amazon operated this way, or any business that you use. A business is a business to me and it needs to be ran like one. Not trying to make enemies by saying that, and Im not going through what he is. To me its a bit odd that everyone just puts up with it. Like I said in the past, those who want to support him and continue to use him and wait, thats fine and more power to you. I got a car to drive though!
The "discount" for patience is the fact that his prices are the lowest on everything, including his shipping rates. And he has never failed to send out an order ever, the same can't be said for any other vendor on the platform aside from 3sx (that I know of anyway). It still amazes me how often these complaints get made even though there are disclaimers all over the website, and a new post about it every week..people are way too entitled these days and used to amazon prime shipping times.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Our platform is dead / dying. As of right now I wouldn't order anything I need from Ninja, but things I just want I will gladly order and wait for. If \ When Ninja closes it will be a big loss to the community.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I ordered a few item on April 12 and I haven't seen the parts yet and I can get Ninja Performance to reply to emails.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered a ton of parts from Ninja when I bought my car and it took about a month to receive. While slow, I was willing and able to wait. One thing which was surprising and I haven't seen mentioned was how awesome he packaged everything. He didn't leave anything to chance when shipping which is a really nice touch in my opinion. I'm a happy customer and will definitely use him again so long as the part I need isn't urgent.

·
Member #538
1,278 Posts
Just to give some context to those complaining. You do realize that Chris has been fighting for his life every day since 2011, right? Stage three multiple myeloma has a life expectancy of 29 months. Do the math...think about that for just a minute.

He literally makes you check a disclaimer acknowledging that his shipping will be delayed. You know it is going to take a while to get parts so you are either ok with that or you aren't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I would of know about his medical problem, no where on the site does it say slow shipping because of medical problem of owner. I can wait but will not wait for ever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to give some context to those complaining. You do realize that Chris has been fighting for his life every day since 2011, right? Stage three multiple myeloma has a life expectancy of 29 months. Do the math...think about that for just a minute.

He literally makes you check a disclaimer acknowledging that his shipping will be delayed. You know it is going to take a while to get parts so you are either ok with that or you aren't.
His disclaimer says it may take 7 to 21 days. Even if you only count business days, its been far past that. Am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts