Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run these? The price is right. Current suspension is f-d, Bought some KYB struts, forget what lowering springs it has but they seem to bind/catch when turning. I still need strut mounts and rear struts/mounts. Thinking of just going coilovers. Wanted Tein, but these may be good?

Anyone who has input on them I appreciate it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I see you are asking around about coilovers. I have BC Racing coilovers and I love them. They have a ton of room to lower on the stock housing so no need for the "extreme drop" upgrade. They are a little more expensive than the tein coilovers though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea Definitely looking around. Thinking of just doing the ninja performance ones now after reading a guys post on a 350z forum about cheap coilovers. Said BC racing is basically repainted K-sport, blah blah blah...Better off buying quality shocks and lowering springs if you dont want to spend $2k+ on good coilovers. But even then, $2k+ coilovers are not meant for the street.

I just dont want to do the struts/mounts and reuse my lowering springs and have them bind again. Car pulls like crazy until you hit a bump and the coil unbinds. But $600 ninja performance coilovers vs Say D2's for $782 or teins for $850, or whatever...Im guessing when you drive 3-5k miles a year and never track day the car its just going to be a wash. I dont want the really cheap and crappy ebay specials, so the ninja performance may be the one for me.

EDIT: well crap, they may not have the brake line and ABS sensor attachment points on them?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Honestly, if Chris put Ninja's name on them I'd trust that for the the 600-1000 price range. It's likely a D2, BC, K-sport, or Megan coil-over with his branding and maybe a particular spring rate or damper. I have the D2's and they're a bit harsh as would be expected. Most of the coilovers including my D2s don't have the brakeline/abs wire attachment points, I mad my own that attaches with a hose clamp.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,122 Posts
fortune auto evo 8/9 with supercar engineering adapters are worlds better than the megan and low level BCs

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well for the price they should be!

I just drank 2 beers and pulled the trigger on a ninja performance coil overs. Quick comparison showed the spring rates are less than Megan or Tein so I hope it will ride a bit softer. Also got sway bar bushings lol. If it doesn't ride better than current I'll be amazed. Right now it's got intrax lowering springs on 27 year old ecs shocks defaulted to sport. It bounces like mad and feels like there's no suspension. I'm pretty sure I felt the mouse shit on the street last drive it rides so bad lol.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,122 Posts
springs just hold the car up. ride quality is in the damping which is where all the low end ones suck as they do not have good rebound damping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts