Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aright i finally got my mufflers (dual arospeed bomb) and they sound really nice, you can get em retail for $180 a piece or go on ebay and try $110. The sound is really deep and nothing like the rice sound everyone is trying to avoid. Ill have pics up soon.

Matt D.

·
Registered
202 Posts
is there any difference.....?

I'm thinking of getting the N1's for my 94 base 3000GT....but i heard that the arospeed and obx mufflers don't cost as much???...why is this? do they sound different then the N1's or do they look different or are they made different??
Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, the N1's are definately the best but they cost a shitload. The OBX are really cheap but arent very reliable and dont sound too good. The arospeed sound very similar to the deep tone of the N1's and compared to $220+ for APEXI's, the $180 retail / $110 ebay arospeed are great and they have a lifetime waranty as well. I got two bomb's setup as i said and those two bigass 4" tubes stickin out the back of my car are a beauty. The sound is beastly as hell as well compared to the stock. So i would reccomend just getting dual mufflers as i said and if you dont have the $500 or so needed for dual APEXI then get some arospeeds.

Matt D.

·
Registered
229 Posts
hey MADaul, thats a sweet ride. i just want to inquire about ur grille. where did u get it from? it looks awesome, i want it!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh, actually i made it from a gutter wire strip i bought from home depot for $1.50, same material as the kits they sell on ebay but u have to cut it and attach it yourself.
but hey, $1.50 is cheaper than the $30 they charge on ebay

Matt D.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Definatly a whole $28.50 cheaper. HEHE...but what can you say everybody is trying to make money now a days. :D

Definatly a sweet car man..I plan on doing the grill myself but I have planned it for a month now but still havent gotten around to it yet. LOL:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks man, its no VR4 tho ;-) well good luck, it shouldnt take more than 30 mins to cut the pattern and attach it.

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
about the n1's, are they single or dual outlet? i was thinking about running dual n1's. so what im asking i guess is can i run the single pipe from the cat, split it into the n1's?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The N1's are single outlet I think...and most people have 2 of them, 1 on each side. So they must only have one outlet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
single outlet, and when you get new mufflers on an N/A 3SI the shop will have to put on a new Y pipe to run the mufflers straight just for everyone's info :)

Matt D.

·
THE GAME
1,464 Posts
OBX aren't reliable and don't sound good?! where did you get that idea? I got the OBX clones of the Apexi N1's and they sound Amazing (much Louder than i wanted them to be but whatever it scares the shit out of everyone). As for reliability , they are stainless so how can they be any less reliable than the Apexi?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
really? thats releiving, i wanted to get OBX but someone advised me against it, glad i have an opinion of someone with them. There's a guy on the message board who makes em .... Iceman or somethin, and also if u goto www.importfan.com and look at the old website link from there, u can find both clear corners and clear tails (this is the only place i've found both)

matt D.

·
2,616 Posts
So how much did you pay for the clear corners? Are they street legal and did you have to send him your orange ones?
Thanks

'91 TT
'94 GT

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah man you send him your ember ones and he sends them back White. I have no idea if they are illegal but I guess not cuz I passed my inspection with them on. Also they were about $88 with shipping and handling. ;) I got them done too...HEHE..I will have pics up by Monday I am almost positive on that. HEHE:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
hold on the clear corners are cool but i would rather have black outs my self, back to the MAIN subject i was talking to a guy a local performance shop (Perfomance racing and devolopment if you have to know) and he said yes the apexi n1s were good but he said i should go with a dunk style because we need to open it up alot.

the n1s 56mm piping and 90 mm tip
the dunk 60mm piping and 130 mm tip

although i do have one question that is how many inches is 60mm and 130mm

bty i have a 91 stealth r/t n/a and that is were my suggestions came from.

·
Registered
45 Posts
what is the best setup muffler if you want to keep the dual outlet on each side. I really like the looks of the dual outlet better, but would like to have a "big motor" deep sound.
thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 26 Posts