Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
18,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better documentation on what the tower worker does.

Document how eliminations should be run.

We seem to have the time for it should we bring back bracket racing for the people that don't make the quick 8 eliminations?

This year we only ended up with one running car in the faster then 11.25 class and they were rolled into AWD Unlimited class. Based on things I heard I think we should not have done that.

· Registered
795 Posts
Post before the event (in the online registration info might be best) how the eliminations will be run. Check with some of the tracks for what is "normal" but I think everyone runs it 1st vs last, 2nd vs 2nd to last, etc.

I had one person comment about bracket racing. I know it favors the automatics.

I'd rather see a class for those faster than 12 in a class of their own.

What does the tower worker do, anyway??

· Banned
18,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tower worker.

keeps track of scores
works with tower to track our classes(their normally clueless about our cars)
and jeff was setting up the elimination matchups

Bracket Racing while it may favor automatics its at least something to do for the cars that don't make the quick 8's. Also it gives more groups which keeps the spectators happy. A bracket group can start with 15+ cars and that gives the tower alot of time to manage the quick 8's. Their computers should be able to manage the brackets as brackets are pretty standard.

· Banned
1,827 Posts
I've always been a fan of bracket racing. And we can definitely add more time to the drag races. We have the track for the entire day, so adding to it is no big deal I'm sure.

I also think maybe it's time to get someone more experienced into the staging lanes and coordinating the drag races. We'll have to see who our fourth committee member ends up being, but I'm kinda thinking Brandon (Zero) for that job if he's interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.