Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
YAY!!! NG08 is finally over, and we got some pretty good reviews on it! Congrats, team!

So here we are, planning for NG09 already... One thing I noticed about this year was that with the absence of Josh, Peggy and I were doing A LOT more running around. I think that needs to be more evenly divided amongst the entire Committee. Also, Kim and Rob won't be on-hand next year to help out, so we need to plan for the entire Committee to make a MUCH larger contribution of time. I'd like to see a more even distribution.

For example, I believe that the entire Committee should be available in the registration area for ALL registration periods (unless sent to do something, such as a photo shoot with Keith or something). We also need to be present at ALL race events, and ready to help out in a pinch. I realize you all like to do the racing, too, so we'd need to make some concessions as far as that goes, but we can work around that. I definitely don't want anyone giving up the race events to do Committee-type work. All Committee members need to be present at the sponsor breakfast (or dinner, whichever it ends up being next year), and any/all welcome meetings, etc. We must present ourselves as a united group and make ourselves very visible.

In short, this year's Committee demands will be significantly higher than the past two years, mostly in an effort to make NG09 even better than NG08 or NG07 or any other years. We'll need to commit a great deal more time beforehand, but also a lot more time on-site. In the past, the Committee has been able to decide to commit more time beforehand and not as much on-site, or vice versa. This year we'll need both.

I'm also looking for Event Coordinators. This includes the AutoCross, Drag Races, Road Course, and Car Show. Event Coordinators MUST BE ON SITE AT LEAST 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE TIME STATED IN THE BOOK. For example, the AutoCross was stated to begin at 8am this year. That means Alan would've needed to be on-site no later than 7:40am to make sure everything is ready and he's available to answer any questions that might arise from people arriving a few minutes early. Coordinators are not allowed to race in the events they are coordinating unless they work something out with the committee beforehand to make sure they're covered for the times that they're on the track. For example, if Peggy is coordinating road course again and wants to race, she'd need to make sure someone else can cover for her and that it's ok with the Committee (mostly because one of us has to be available to answer questions or deal with issues).

Marshall Bettoney has already volunteered to Coordinate the Car Show, so that one is covered. We'll have a Committee member co-coordinate, as we did this year. Which means one of us needs to work hand-in-hand with the coordinators for the events.

In short, here are my questions... First, I need to know who's willing to stay on the Committee even with my more stringent demands (sorry about those, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable or unfair), and who would like to coordinate which events. Of course, stepping down from the Committee and still coordinating an event is always an option as well. I can't say as I'd blame anyone, even though we all receive such amazing benefits for doing all of this. ;)
 

· Banned
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll begin... I would REALLY like to stay on as Committee Chairperson, if y'all are willing to let me. I believe I've proven my ability to plan an event of this magnitude while still paying attention to the finest details. While I still have A LOT to learn about the racing end of things, I believe I've acquired enough knowledge to at least deal with tracks and make sure things are properly set-up for different events. Also, since I already have the contacts in Memphis and they all already know me well, I believe I'm a logical choice for NG09. If anyone disagrees, please feel free to say so, but please include reasons.

Also, I'd like to Co-coordinate the car show with Marshall. We worked well together this year (even though he wouldn't let me be a judge!) and I have some ideas for next year as well that we've been discussing. It's really the only event I feel comfortable Co-Coordinating, although I'm always on-site for the other events and always available to help in any way necessary.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
I'd like to stay on as a member of the committee. I'll be glad to do the road course again and I'm interested in taking on the drags.
I'll be glad to do the requests for discounts, and to approach companies for sponsorships, and the trophies.
And, of course, anything else you want me to do, Boss. P)
 

· Banned
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Christy should have first dibs on drags since she's been doing it for a couple of years now (and even before that, I think, but I'm not quite sure). Christy, I need to know if you're willing to commit to another year and in what capacity. I know you have a lot going on with BRG and SETD. Do you have the additional time required to remain on the Committee? I don't think it would be much additional before the event, but I REALLY need a commitment on-site, since we won't have Kim and Rob there next year to help us out. Please let me know what your thoughts are... We can't really move forward too much without knowing who our Committee consists of, and who we have for coordinators.

Thank you!!
 

· stlth664 was here
Joined
·
10,111 Posts
So sorry for the late reply! BRG has consumed all my post NG time since the two events are so close. I would def love to still be the drags coordinator. It's a nice facility (even though there were complaints about the track prep) and I would love a shot at a non rain rushed hour drags :lol2: I will also be a step below autoX coordinator (I really enjoy racing the autoX) if you need one! I did a good job at assigning corner jobs to corner workers and getting that ball rolling if you want me to commit to working the event minus the run group where I drive. That being said, I'm not sure I'm going to have a whole lot of time to be a committee member for 09. I love being a part of the event, but I'm going back to school and have begun volunteer assisting a pro glamor mag photographer in exchange for the opportunity and that I might catch on ;) and the hours are late nights after work. What do you guys think????
 

· Banned
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: NG09 Committee and Coordinator Positions

Oh wow! Christy, first... Congrats on the new position and going back to school! I think that's absolutely wonderful!!!

As for the drags and AutoCross.. We will continue to have a Committee member as coordinator for the event, but then we'd want someone as co-coordinator. The Commjittee member is only because of what happened in 07 with AutoCross. We have to cover ourselves. I'm sure Alan will contact you if, as the event gets closer, he needs someone to assign corner workers again or something like that. I'm sure you'll be hearing from him.

Drag races... Peggy has already expressed an interest in that, so we'll give it to her as the Committee Coordinator. Beyond that, it's in her hands. You know I try to stay out of it except for assigning it to a Committee member and maybe helping to find volunteers when necessary.

I completely understand your need to step down from the Committee and don't blame you at all. It's a huge commitment, and next year will be an even bigger one. While I'm very sorry to hear it, I wish you the very best of luck in all your endeavors and know that we'll continue to see you at the event. It sounds to me like your priorities are in order and you're doing the best thing for you. I'm sure BRG takes a lot of time, too, and with both events being in the summer it must be difficult. Combine that with another job (doesn't this make three???) and going back to school, and I know I couldn't do it, either. I appreciate you letting us know this early in the game so that we can prepare ourselves and make some decisions. It'll be a difficult transition, whether we choose to keep the Committee to 3 people or to add 2 more again, so knowing this early will definitely benefit us, especially in that area.

Thank you for all your work over the past couple of years. I know I'll be working with you again at NG09 in the capacities mentioned, but it won't be the same without you. Good luck with everything! I hope it all works out well for you.

- Lori
 

· Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Christy, you putting a bid in for being SuperWoman??!?!? Sounds like lots of big stuff happening in your life. Congrats.
I appreciate all the help I can get with the drags. I figure to have Gary do the drivers meeting meeting again, but if you would help get them staged and up to the lights that would be great.
Thanks again.
 

· stlth664 was here
Joined
·
10,111 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes, guys! :) I'm really excited about it all as well. :D [email protected] and I really made the whole decision over the course of the past month. So, to finally make it a reality is exciting!

As far as help on site for autoX or Drags or whatever, I'm down for volunteering. And I have the event's interests at heart. I'll still clean up after the late night partiers like always ;) and keep who I can in line in that regards.

I also completly understand having a committee member also as the coordinator. :bigok: I just saw where you said Marshall was the coordinator for the car show, so I took it as I could still be the drags. But, I'm down for helping. The good thing about that drag facility is the workers they provide. It really helps for the lack of volunteers we had in Michigan.

Ok, now something that I thought would be awesome, with the influence of TN3S this year. Georgia3s would like to be an associate sponsor for NG09. I plan to get more of our members there next year than came this year. So, it would be fitting. Lori, all I need to know from you is what that entails. :)Thanks!


Christy, you putting a bid in for being SuperWoman??!?!? Sounds like lots of big stuff happening in your life. Congrats.
I appreciate all the help I can get with the drags. I figure to have Gary do the drivers meeting meeting again, but if you would help get them staged and up to the lights that would be great.
Thanks again.
Superwoman for sure ;) We'll see if the super title stays once I attempt this whole ordeal.

Also, I did the drivers meeting :confused: Unless you're not talking about the drags. I can do the drivers meeting if you want, since I know you don't like public speaking as much. Or help wherever!

A few more things:
-IndyStealth will always bring his laptop and sit in the tower to record times for the committee if you want him too. He's done it every year since I started coordinating the drags ('05)
-Deathsled had a blast announcing. As long as he keeps his mouth close to the microphone, he'll do it. That's one of the hardest positions to fill.
-the Racers like the Sportsman tree, not the Pro tree. (that way you get to race with amber, amber, amber, green as opposed to the pro tree being all ambers at once and then .4 seconds later the green light)
-Racers at all my events prefer test N tune, then round 1 qualifying, test N tune, round 2 qualifying, test N tune, eliminations. (just suggestions :)) Course with the rain this time, that wasn't something that we could do!.
-This year, with the Memphis set up, tower had an ear set provided by the tower and he gave one to Marshall in the staging lanes. Make sure you ask for one too. It'll help A TON.

Feel free to email me or call me at any time if you have any questions about the drags. [email protected] or 770.289.2955
 

· Banned
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to type all of that!! I'll DEFINITELY be sending you sponsorship information. Thank you so much!! I love that chapters are getting involved. It's just soooo cool!

The drag race info will definitely help. The coordinator position is up for grabs, but we'll need to have Peggy in there, too, so we can have a Committee person. You'd be great for it. I think Peggy was thinking of Gary doing the road course driver's meeting... I know she has definite ideas about where she'd like to use you, if that's ok.

What a HUGE RELIEF to hear that Stephen is willing to announce again. Oh my gosh. He's SOOOO good at it. Thanks for letting me know - it's a huge weight off my shoulders.

Honestly... All that info is fantastic to know. Thank you so much! And I'll definitely be calling you with any questions and stuff like that. I really appreciate that you want to still help out, and also that you were able to tell us you needed to step down rather than committing then not being able to fulfill the requirements or obligations. That's one of my faults (yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know it!)... I tend to over-commit, so seeing that you were able to realize your own limitations is a big deal to me.

We'll leave your Committee forums access up for a while longer, just so you can offer your suggestions or anything else you may think of. Josh still has access, too. We'll change all that before we start planning any secretive stuff ;) for NG09, but for right now let's definitely leave it up. You're a huge asset. I like the idea of T&T, Q1, T&T, Q2... If we have time to do that, I'd really like to implement it.

Thanks again, Christy! You have no idea how much I appreciate all of this. We'll talk on the phone one night soon... Perhaps we should start scheduling now for... shall we say... mid-August? ;)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top