Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Banned
18,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I made a thread in general showing it off. One good comment to pass along. Its its not a big pain we might want to bump the cars on the left a bit forward to uncover the word memphis. If that can't be done I don't think its critical as we have memphis in other places.

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
I think the wheels need to look like they're moving.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
I dunno, I think the placement of the cars are stellar. I mean. Memphis is in the logo itself, twice. "TN" is clearly showing as well. I dunno. I think altering the placement of the cars will throw off the flow of the cars "driving off the guitar strings" effect....

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Just received this PM... Thought maybe we should act on it. Frankly, this logo NEEDS to get done. Everything is being held up by it, and it should've been done months ago. I know we can't complain since she doesn't charge us to do it, but I'm getting nervous about it not being completed and finalized yet. Here's the PM:

I saw a few things with the logo (i own graphic design Company)

The 3000GT And Steath logos look very nascar

the 8 should be made to look like it is on the same level as NGO also it is another Nascar Number font

The O in NGO8 is out of proportion with the rest for width

The outside looks more of a clock face then a tach

The memphis behind the cars is blocked and doesnt show strength

if you want to make the spacing work better then you may want to move all of the text up this will give you more room for the dynamic logo

if you want to send me the files i can make some layout changes as needed

I'm wondering if we should get the files as they stand now and send them to him. Maybe we'd get it finalized. Let me know what you think...

I really think we need to aim to have this completed no later than April 15. It's holding up a lot of things on this end, including getting items out at the store which could help us make some money (which we very desperately need right now).

If you guys know of people who haven't registered yet but are planning to come, please encourage them to get their registrations paid soon. We're sweating bullets on this end.

· Banned
18,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Now sure what they mean when they say the cars look "nascar". Unless he's referring to the fact that they are lined up in 2 rows which I don't think is and issue.

I think the Zero from 08 being round works fine because its the hub of the tach.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
I like NASCAR ::hick:: I like the logo. I don't have a problem with having more people help on getting the image ready for print, though!

My comments back:

The 3000GT And Steath logos look very nascar
See opinion above ::go tony:: ;) But really ... I don't agree ...

the 8 should be made to look like it is on the same level as NGO also it is another Nascar Number font
I never once saw NASCAR when I looked at the logo, and think the 8 is on the same level. It's like those games you play where you trick your eyes. Since the gradient of "NG08" is flowing from the left to right, the 8 is much lighter than the N. Maybe that's the offness that person sees? Maybe not. The font is solid, NASCAR or not, IMHO.

The O in NGO8 is out of proportion with the rest for width
The "O' doesn't look to be a part of the year as much as it does the center of the tachometer. I don't think it needs to be the font. I mean, if it were in proportion, would someone else think it looks less like a tach?

The outside looks more of a clock face then a tach
I can see a stopwatch kinda look, yeah.

The memphis behind the cars is blocked and doesnt show strength
But, Memphis is also in the logo twice.

if you want to make the spacing work better then you may want to move all of the text up this will give you more room for the dynamic logo
moving the text up couldn't hurt, unless it didn't flow as well .. but there is space to work with.

if you want to send me the files i can make some layout changes as needed
I'll ask Foxy for them regardless of if you ask for additional help or not!

If you guys know of people who haven't registered yet but are planning to come, please encourage them to get their registrations paid soon. We're sweating bullets on this end.
Been on it :)

Here's the sponsor incorporated versions de Foxy ... I love 2 and 4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/TraciBande/shirtwithlogos.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the late reply. Things have been so crazy around here. All our spare time is put into cleaning up the neighborhood ... thanks for the well wishes on that end, also :)

· Registered
795 Posts
Can't see the appearance of a NASCAR font being a problem. I'm with Christy, I like the logo.

I agree with Josh, would be nice if the wheels had some motion to them.

I like the first layout with the DR taking the place of the 0 for the 08. Eliminates the problems of the 0 being "off"

Can't see any need to move the text up, but probably won't hurt anything.

Too late this year, but next year how 'bout something we can print out and paper cars we see around?

If it helps, I'll pay for everything, like a regular participant. If we can't give a free ride, we can't--no problem.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
are you looking at it as
1 2
3 4

alan said:
I personally like the one in the lower left.
I changed my mind and agree that the DR only in the logo looks the best. Or 2.

I'd be hesitant to do the DR logo as the 0 in 08. Didn't we do that for 07?

EDIT: Just checked no we did not.

I still think we should go with a version that will have a bigger version of the DR logo.
I think DR as the O looks too cluttered, anyways.

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
I like the two on the right... and the one on top a bit better, since otherwise MVP is shown twice (because they're sponsoring two events, of course)

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
Could we put NG 08 with the DR logo only on the front and the big logo on the back?
I think that would be nice!! Then the big logo on the back could have the sponsors more like the multi sponsor example she did! We could even put "Racing in Memphis" on the front with DR and NG08...

· Banned
1,827 Posts
I think the front needs to be kept fairly clean. These logos are REALLY busy for a small front pocket type of logo. I think just to do NG08 with the DR logo in the 0 on the front, then "Racing in Memphis" underneath it maybe? I think we have a couple days - could everyone please vote on the front pocket design?

As for the logo for the back... The one on the lower right could cause problems with different sponsors. First, the names are too long. Second, they'd be pretty small to fit on the t-shirt in that way. I'm just not seeing it... Help me if I'm missing something. My brain is fried.

I kinda think the lower left... Saying "Sponsored by... logo... Dynamic Racing" really sets DR apart from the rest. The bottom could easily say "Also sponsored by:" and have the logos.

HOWEVER... The consensus of this thread has been the top right logo, so let's do that one. I think it had the majority of the votes (unless I got confused by everyone's numbering systems being different :) ).

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.