Drag Rage 1st place group
Auto cross 1st place group
best allaround
best of show
group shot from beale street

Drag race trophy's
best AWD time of the day
best fwd time of the day

As soon as the logo is done get a cafepress shot setup and sell logo'd items mug, key, chains and anyting we won't be selling via the event.

auto x trophy's
best time of the day

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
Drag race trophy: could possibly add in a best reaction time of the day. Since most are geared towards the fast cars, it could be a nice way to award driver over car?!

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Agreed. Christy, could you do me a HUGE favor and put together a list (I know this is mostly done from last year) of all the trophies you would WANT to hand out for drag races? Of course we're not saying we'll be able to do all of them, but let's aim for it in the budget. No rush... (Yeah yeah yeah... I know... For once I don't want something "yesterday." Blah blah blah)

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
need to do some "Worst" track times and R/T's of the day, too :) But not publicize it, of course.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
a R/T is a reaction time, like I suggested doing the best R/T of the day cause a R/T is not based on horsepower. But, I think that Josh was leaning towards a worst reaction time of the day instead of the best. As a secret trophy.

(reaction time is the time it takes you to get from staging to the starting line. Your reaction to the green light on the christmas tree. A perfect reaction time is a .000)

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
I thought perfect was a .5

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Christy, THANK YOU for a very thorough and totally understandable explanation!!! I try so hard with this stuff, and I know I've come a long way, but every once in a while you guys throw me for a loop...

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
Depends on how the track has their timers setup. If the timer starts counting the instant they throw the switch its a .5. WIth newer setups and other changes most places have it setup sich that a perfect Rt is shown as .000(which makes me real proud of my .002)
Yeah, it depends on the tree set up you are running, what track you are at (IHRA/NHRA) and basic track preference. My first time at a track was Charlotte Gathering 2000 and they were on a perfect .5 scale. Since it's been a perfect .000.

Christy, THANK YOU for a very thorough and totally understandable explanation!!! I try so hard with this stuff, and I know I've come a long way, but every once in a while you guys throw me for a loop...
Not a problem at all. I've been in your shoes, believe me. Being 17 and meeting the greats in person and online and you learn a lot real fast and appreciate the ones who take the time :)

· Banned
18,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would say no.

Jeremy and Tiffany made a lot of promises that never they never followed up on. I think we should keep things like the calendar and cafepress items to ourselves until they are ready for print.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
How about what you guys think about the logo on the t-shirt:

Do you like the logo on the front pocket?

Do you like the logo larger and front and center on the shirt?

Do you like a catchy slogan on the back with the sponsors?

Do you like the idea of a catchy slogan on the front of the t-shirt, leaving the punchline and logo/sponsors on the back?

Do you have an another idea for logo placement?

As soon as I get the final logo from Foxy, I'd love to have the t-shirt design completed.... :)

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Personally, I like the logo on the front pocket. BUT... I also think maybe we use too much space on the back for the catchy slogan and not enough room for the sponsors. On the other hand, when I look back at old t-shirts, logos were MUCH smaller. So I guess it's not so bad. We need a slogan for this year. I know "Racing In Memphis" has come up a number of times.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I kinda like the idea of a catchy slogan on the front with a "punchline" on the back. That could be cool, if we get the right idea. It's something to toy with.

Other ideas for logo placement... Not off the top of my head, although Alan has mentioned the sleeve several times. Maybe we could do a little something on the sleeve... Not sure what - I'll leave that up for debate.

Christy, I love the idea of having the t-shirt designed early. Just remember that we sometimes get last-minute sponsors so things can change up until the time we go to print, which should be around May 1.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.