Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the items that Josh has signed up to be responsible for. Please discuss them in this thread.

Sponsor relations on-site
On-site check-in
Sponsor reception
Participants' Reception
Drag Races co-coordinator
Go-Karts co-coordinator
Car Show co-coordinator
Caravan coordinator
Banquet MC (will help)
The "go to" person

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Committee members... What you're about to read is VERY secretive. I mean this. You CANNOT divulge this information to ANYONE.

Josh... I need your help with something. Keith (Mobo) is working it out for Modified Mag to cover our event this year. It's a very strong possibility, but even stronger if we agree to write the article for it and submit it to a staff writer.

I obviously don't have the time for this - my plate is pretty full. Can you possibly do it? I'll help in any way possible, and definitely with editing. I thought this might be a good task for you because of your major and also because it doesn't need to be done right away and most of your task list is on-site (that's NOT a complaint, btw). The key is to submit it as quickly as we can after the event, so we'd want to write most of it beforehand and just add the details (winners, etc) after the fact. Keith will be shooting for it as well.

Keith's recommendation is that we pick up the new issue of Modified Luxuries and Exotics or whatever the heck it's called (like *I* know?!) and check out the article on the Lotus gathering. He said that's a good base for what they're looking for.

Again... Hush, hush! This isn't set in stone yet, therefore it'll only be announced AT the gathering. Please, please, please be very quiet about it. Modified won't make a commitment this early, but they appear to be very interested. Keith has told them what we're up to... I guess this means we're doing something right and will FINALLY be able to deliver on those promises J&T made about doing this.

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
No sweat. Is the lotus gathering in the current issue? I can pick it up this weekend and get an idea of what they want.

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Josh! Keith said it's issue 22 and said "this month." I hope you'll have at least a little fun with this task... I really wish I had the time to do it, but I know you'll be better at it since you enjoy the cars more and all. Let me know if I can help proof or edit or ANYTHING.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
P.S. that's amazing. I did a lot of journalism for NASCAR for my major I graduated with in college was sports marketing with a minor in journalism. Josh, if you need any help at all let me know and I'll help with the details. Thats super amazing that Mobo might nab this one for NG.

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Christy, that's great to know! I had no idea!! The two of you should definitely work together on it and leave me out of it completely. Just let me see what you come up with, if that's ok with both of you.

Remember - hush hush!

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
P.S. that's amazing. I did a lot of journalism for NASCAR for my major I graduated with in college was sports marketing with a minor in journalism. Josh, if you need any help at all let me know and I'll help with the details. Thats super amazing that Mobo might nab this one for NG.
That'd be awesome, I'd really appreciate the help :)

I can't even THINK about it for 2 weeks, until finals are over, but 2 heads are better than one... Especially since you have prior experience writing articles in the field :)

· Registered
795 Posts
And, while you are on vacation and just chilling out--I need a good letter to send out asking for freebies. The one you posted was great, as a rough draft, but I need something final. Okay?? Thanks :)
I guess this is for anyone who can write--and that isn't me!!

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
Random notes to self and others:

Lotus article: Modified Luxury & Exotics

285 pics, and a VERY VERY short article.

Current list of Judges for the car show:
1. "eyeluvmy3kgt"
2. "Rynz3s" has a father, Don Langlois, who owns a car shop in TX and volunteered (Ryan's in the army, dad uses his acct.)
3. "whitedragon"

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Note to Josh's self:

Post up requesting judges in the general forum. You should get better response. Also, send an email to everyone via Alan. He can send it out to the registered list.

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Josh, I know you’ve been feeling very overwhelmed with graduating, your job situation, and your NG responsibilities. I understand that this is a very stressful time for you and appreciate your willingness to honor your commitment to the 2008 National Gathering.

After our conversation on Friday night, it was very apparent to me that you really don’t want to attend the NG. After discussing this with other member’s of the Committee, we’ve made an effort and arranged to relieve you of some of your stress. We’ve managed to find a couple of people who are willing to pick up any and all of your NG-related on-site responsibilities. This will give you the freedom to withdraw if you so choose without feeling any guilt about not fulfilling your commitment.

We also realized that the Modified Magazine article was only adding more to your burden, so weI’ve found someone to work on that, too. This way you can focus on your job and graduation. You had originally requested not to be working on NG until we were on-site. It was wrong of me to ask that of you. Now you should have no NG worries at all, which I know is what you wanted.

Please let me know if you’ll be attending as a participant. I still have a hotel room in your name. Thanks for being a great sounding board as we planned this event. I hope to see you soon.

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
Josh, I know you’ve been feeling very overwhelmed with graduating, your job situation, and your NG responsibilities. I understand that this is a very stressful time for you and appreciate your willingness to honor your commitment to the 2008 National Gathering.

After our conversation on Friday night, it was very apparent to me that you really don’t want to attend the NG. After discussing this with other member’s of the Committee, we’ve made an effort and arranged to relieve you of some of your stress. We’ve managed to find a couple of people who are willing to pick up any and all of your NG-related on-site responsibilities. This will give you the freedom to withdraw if you so choose without feeling any guilt about not fulfilling your commitment.

We also realized that the Modified Magazine article was only adding more to your burden, so weI’ve found someone to work on that, too. This way you can focus on your job and graduation. You had originally requested not to be working on NG until we were on-site. It was wrong of me to ask that of you. Now you should have no NG worries at all, which I know is what you wanted.

Please let me know if you’ll be attending as a participant. I still have a hotel room in your name. Thanks for being a great sounding board as we planned this event. I hope to see you soon.

I'm not quite sure what to say. It sounds like you're done with me and you've already counted me out.

· Banned
18,713 Posts
I don't think "done with you" is the right way to phrase it.

Lori talked with me after you guys chatted the other night and she honestly felt that you were coming this year because you felt you had to and not because you wanted to.

This is an attempt to remove any feeling that you "have" to be there. We understand that your schooling and career have to come first and were just trying to give you the flexibility to make the right choice for you.

If you want to be at the NG we'll be delighted to see you. If you feel you can't come because of other priorities you are now free to do that.

Honestly were just trying to help.

· This, too, shall pass.
8,516 Posts
I just don't want any "bad blood" or hard feelings anywhere.

maybe it IS best if you transfer my previous responsibilities to the others that volunteered to take them.

I'm not sure if I'll be making it or not, so you'd better play it safe and offer the hotel room to someone willing to take it.

if I DO go, I'd love to help out at the drags again, and of course help out at the car show, and wherever else needed. Whether I go or not, PLEASE let me proofread the magazine article; I really can't abide poor grammar and punctuation errors (I assume they'll edit it also, but who knows).

I apologize to those of you who are working much harder than I am/did/am willing to, and sacrificing much more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.